Author Topic: Trump's last Pentagon chief says Jan. 6 'felt like combat' but was not an 'insurrection'  (Read 1617 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's last Pentagon chief says Jan. 6 'felt like combat' but was not an 'insurrection'
by Mike Brest, Defense Reporter |
February 07, 2023 05:50 AM

Former acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller, whose tenure included the infamous Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol, described that day as having "felt like combat," though he added it "was far from anything resembling an 'insurrection.'"

Miller, 57, whom then-President Donald Trump appointed in November days after the election, provided his thoughts in his new book, Soldier Secretary: Warnings from the Battlefield & the Pentagon about America’s Most Dangerous Enemies, which was released on Tuesday, and in an interview with the Washington Examiner.

"Yes, the riot at the Capitol on January 6 was stupid and criminal and an absolute disgrace. But it was far from anything resembling an 'insurrection,' or, as the Democrat slogan repeated ad nauseam suggests, an 'attack on our democracy,'" he wrote, adding that Jan. 6 "felt like combat again. It was stressful, because combat always is, but I also felt completely comfortable and in control."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/miller-jan-6-combat-insurrection
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He's right.  An actual insurrection in a country with more guns that people would have included guns.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Yes, the riot at the Capitol on January 6 was stupid and criminal and an absolute disgrace.

I noticed he failed to say the point at which a peaceful, Constitutionally guaranteed protest to petition the government became "stupid and criminal and an absolute disgrace".

I wonder if he supports releasing all the video from that day so we can see it for ourselves.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Christopher Charles Miller (born October 15, 1965) is an American retired United States Army Special Forces colonel who served as acting United States secretary of defense from November 9, 2020, to January 20, 2021.[1] He previously served as Director of the National Counterterrorism Center from August 10 to November 9, 2020. Before his civilian service in the Department of Defense, Miller was a Green Beret, commanding 5th Special Forces Group in Iraq and Afghanistan, and later spent time as a defense contractor.

ROFLMAO! SOB always had staff or command assignements,and was never in a gunfight in his freaking life.

Just another staff puke,capitalizing on his career of hiding out in safe positions in the military.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I noticed he failed to say the point at which a peaceful, Constitutionally guaranteed protest to petition the government became "stupid and criminal and an absolute disgrace".

I wonder if he supports releasing all the video from that day so we can see it for ourselves.

I'd say at the point people started pushing law enforcement, breaking barriers, and smashing windows.

That obviously doesn't apply to most of the people there.  But it does apply to anyone who engaged in any of those behaviors, or who observed those things being done by others but continued trying to get inside themselves anyway.

Offline mountaineer

Was this guy hiding under a desk a block away with AOC?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Comfortable and in control?

A "peaceful tourist" battering police with a hockey stick is neither comfortable nor control.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
////00000////

Comfortable and in control?

A "peaceful tourist" battering police with a hockey stick is neither comfortable nor control.

Maybe it's just me but I have trouble accepting the guy with the hockey stick being all masked and covered up to hide identity to be a Trump supporter, I'm more inclined to believe he was Antifa or democrat paid trouble maker. Yes I believe there were a few Trump supporters that got out of hand but the Trump supporters as a whole were not hiding their identities and even their race.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So Antifa antagonists joined with a few troublesome Trump supporters to distrub the peace on the Capitol steps on January 6th without fighting each other?  Implausible.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Right_in_Virginia

I'd say at the point people started pushing law enforcement, breaking barriers, and smashing windows.

DineshDSouza
@DineshDSouza

On January 6, 2021 Ray Epps texted his nephew to say, “I WAS IN THE FRONT WITH A FEW OTHERS. I ALSO ORCHESTRATED IT.” See the relevant section and also link to full transcript below

https://january6th.house.gov/sites/democrats.january6th.house.gov/files/20220121_Ray%20Epps.pdf

More at link   pointing-up

Jeff Clark
@JeffClarkUS

One of the most outlandish exchanges involve Epps being asked about a text HE SENT HIMSELF on J6: "I was in the front with a few others. I also orchestrated it."

Cmte staffers then basically FEED to Epps how he should answer the question.

(Epps in green, Qs in yellow)

10:47 AM · Dec 30, 2022

@Maj. Bill Martin

Online Right_in_Virginia

Rogan O’Handley
@DC_Draino

It’s been nearly 2 years since J6 and they still don’t know where Nancy’s laptop is

Or who planted the pipe bombs

Or who unlocked the magnetic doors

@Maj. Bill Martin

Online Right_in_Virginia

"There’s video released of insiders opening the doors."(Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Xx17965797N/status/1592526288367292418

"Tucker: The curious case of Ray Epps and the January 6 Committee" (Video)

https://rumble.com/embed/v1avajv/?pub=4

@Maj. Bill Martin

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Maybe it's just me but I have trouble accepting the guy with the hockey stick being all masked and covered up to hide identity to be a Trump supporter, I'm more inclined to believe he was Antifa or democrat paid trouble maker. Yes I believe there were a few Trump supporters that got out of hand but the Trump supporters as a whole were not hiding their identities and even their race.

Again, The vast majority of Trump supporters there did not break the law.  However, there were certainly some who either 1) struck or pushed law enforcement, broke windows, or pushed past barriers, or 2) observed others in front of them gaining access that way and followed them.

To the extent any individuals did that, I have zero problem with labeling them rioters and having them arrested in prosecuted.  Do you agree, or not?

I'm sorry that lady got shot, but she was a complete dumbass and absolutely knew she was breaking the law, as did those accompanying her.

Offline berdie

Again, The vast majority of Trump supporters there did not break the law.  However, there were certainly some who either 1) struck or pushed law enforcement, broke windows, or pushed past barriers, or 2) observed others in front of them gaining access that way and followed them.

To the extent any individuals did that, I have zero problem with labeling them rioters and having them arrested in prosecuted.  Do you agree, or not?

I'm sorry that lady got shot, but she was a complete dumbass and absolutely knew she was breaking the law, as did those accompanying her.

I agree.

I do think there were "infiltrators". But many people just followed along.

The thing that is worrisome to me is...outsiders (hostile foreigners) saw these tapes and realized how simple it would be to get into the building.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Right.

I have zero doubt there were some agents provocateur in there, both Antifa and FBI.  That being said, everyone else was completely free to ignore those commiting the provocations, and just not not break the law themselves.  Being a dumbass unwilling to control your emotions doesn't absolve you of guilt for whatever crimes you may commit.

Realistically speaking, it was as "easy" as it was only because the cops didn't use deadly force sooner.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 11:06:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Right_in_Virginia

Who spooked Mikey in the two weeks leading up to Jan 6?

"FLASHBACK: In December 2020 at TPUSA Summit, Mike Pence said he would keep fighting until ‘every illegal vote is thrown out’"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1551912166940368900

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So Antifa antagonists joined with a few troublesome Trump supporters to distrub the peace on the Capitol steps on January 6th without fighting each other?  Implausible.
IIRC, there were seven busloads of them observed changing into Trump gear over their blackbloc garb near the Capitol.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

I don't think we are in disagreement that there were some Trump supporters who got violent, and as far as Ashli Babbitt? Since when did being a dumbass, an unarmed dumbass, rate being shot to death?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I don't think we are in disagreement that there were some Trump supporters who got violent, and as far as Ashli Babbitt? Since when did being a dumbass, an unarmed dumbass, rate being shot to death?

She wasn't killed for being a dumbass.  Plenty of dumbasses throughout the country were sitting on their couches on January 6, watching reruns of Gilligan's Island, and none of them were shot.

She was shot and killed because she was participating in a riot, forcing her way into the Capitol, breaking and crawling through windows, despite being ordered to stop by a cop pointing a gun directly at her.

If she was a member of Antifa trying to disrupt the confirmation of a Supreme Court Justice, and was shot while engaging in the aame comdict, I'll bet the rhetoric would be a bit different.

Then again, I am in favor of shooting riotors/looters in general.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 04:47:06 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mountaineer

Deadly force was not justified.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

She wasn't killed for being a dumbass.  Plenty of dumbasses throughout the country were sitting on their couches on January 6, watching reruns of Gilligan's Island, and none of them were shot.

She was shot and killed because she was participating in a riot, forcing her way into the Capitol, breaking and crawling through windows, despite being ordered to stop by a cop pointing a gun directly at her.

If she was a member of Antifa trying to disrupt the confirmation of a Supreme Court Justice, and was shot while engaging in the aame comdict, I'll bet the rhetoric would be a bit different.

Then again, I am in favor of shooting riotors/looters in general.
Well I certainly missed something then because I never once heard that the shooter who stepped out from cover ever once warned Ashli Babbitt, who was part way through a window with empty hands(friggin hard to riot in that position) to stop or that he said anything at all to her before he shot. He may have made such claims in his report and testimony before Brandon gave him a medal but I never heard that corroborated by anyone else.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Well I certainly missed something then because I never once heard that the shooter who stepped out from cover ever once warned Ashli Babbitt, who was part way through a window with empty hands(friggin hard to riot in that position) to stop or that he said anything at all to her before he shot. He may have made such claims in his report and testimony before Brandon gave him a medal but I never heard that corroborated by anyone else.

She saw the guy in front of her break the window.  The cops that were there screamed at them to stop, yelling "Get down", Get back"".  The cop had drawn his gun, other people right next to her were shouting "he's got a gun!", And she started crawling through that broken window anyway.

That is participation in a riot, and also incredible dumbassery, at least in my book.

All that being said, I'm 100% sure that it would not have been considered justified if she had been a pro-abortion protester rather than a pro-Trump protester.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 09:41:36 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

She saw the guy in front of her break the window.  The cops that were there screamed at them to stop, yelling "Get down", Get back"".  The cop had drawn his gun, other people right next to her were shouting "he's got a gu!", And she started crawling through that broken window anyway.

That is participation in a riot, and also incredible dumbassery, at least in my book.

Dumbassery, certainly, but unless she had a weapon, or a reasonable person in that cop's position would have reasonably believed she had a weapon, there was no basis for shooting her.  If Fentanyl Floyd's killing was unjustified, then hers was doubly so.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Dumbassery, certainly, but unless she had a weapon, or a reasonable person in that cop's position would have reasonably believed she had a weapon, there was no basis for shooting her.  If Fentanyl Floyd's killing was unjustified, then hers was doubly so.

I agree with that as a matter of current law, at least generally.  But as I said before, I do believe deadly force to stop rioters, looting, etc. Is justified if warnings have been given.

I also understand that the law doesn't agree with me on that.

I also understand the logic of saying that it was justified in this particular instance even if it normally would not be under current law.  You have a bunch of riotors physically breaking down barriers to force their way into the Capitol, and there are not enough cops to wrestle all of them down.  They had been warned over an extended period of time not to do what they were doing, but they continued to press forward.

There is no way to predict exactly what would have happened if those riders would have reached actual members of Congress, and I frankly don't believe that the Capitol police were obligated to wait and find out what would happen in that situation.  At some point, it has to stop.

Online Right_in_Virginia

"Nancy Pelosi's daughter Alexandra to a January 6th defendent she interviewed to be in her documentary: “The Shaman did noth(ing).... What did the Shaman do? He stood there. The Shaman got how many months....forty one!!" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/3sidedstory/status/1626594704119975939