Author Topic: Minnesota's Twisted 'Gender Dysphoria' Policy  (Read 452 times)

Offline Kamaji

Minnesota's Twisted 'Gender Dysphoria' Policy
« on: February 07, 2023, 02:02:01 pm »
Minnesota's Twisted 'Gender Dysphoria' Policy

By Jay Tucker
February 7, 2023

Teachers are now to provide professional gender-affirming care for students without a required medical license, without parental approval or consent, without securing informed consent, and without conforming to professional standards of care.

Minnesota proposes to require teachers to “ensure” that student gender-identities are “affirmed.”  How would that work?  Let’s say 13-year-old Katie approaches a teacher and informs the teacher that she was born in the wrong body, that she is actually a boy, that she is to be called Ben, and that she needs to have her breasts removed in order to become her authentic self.  According to Item 4E of “The Proposed Standards of Effective Practice” for teachers in Minnesota, the teacher is required to ensure that Katie’s identity is affirmed.  The teacher, however, has no knowledge of Katie’s mental health history, whether she is under the care of licensed gender-care professionals, how Katie may have developed her beliefs as to her identity, the persons or causes instrumental in forming her gender identity, what Katie’s parents know, if anything, and how they feel about her gender identity, and what diagnoses and treatment recommendations Katie may have received from gender-care professionals, including recommendations that a wait and see protocol be adopted or that affirmation be delayed pending further evaluation and investigation.  The teacher is thus faced with a mandate from the state to affirm Katie’s gender identity in a one-size-fits-all protocol which clearly violates both the individualized treatment requirements of the 2012 Standards of Care Version 7 (page 7) published by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) and the individualized treatment recommendations of the American Psychiatric Association (APA).

Katie’s teacher would also be compelled to affirm a transition for which there is no medical consensus.  The 2012 APA Task Force Report (p.4) concludes that there is no consensus at all regarding treatment of children with gender identity disorder, now called Gender Dysphoria (GD), and identifies three approaches to working with children with GD. The first of these focuses on working with the child and caregivers to lessen GD and to decrease cross-gender behaviors and identification. A second approach makes no direct effort to lessen Gender Dysphoria or gender atypical behaviors. A third approach may entail affirmation of the child’s cross-gender identification by mental health professionals and family members. The APA also confirms that there is insufficient evidence to support guidelines for treatment of GD in adolescents.

Katie’s teacher would also be compelled to wrongfully proceed with affirmation without completion of an assessment, evaluation, and investigation as required by the APA.  The report concludes that for “adolescents” the following evaluations should be undertaken:

Source:  https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/02/minnesotas_twisted_gender_dysphoria_policy.html

Online mountaineer

Re: Minnesota's Twisted 'Gender Dysphoria' Policy
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 12:41:23 pm »
What the heck is going on in Minnesota?
Published May 10, 2023 4:00am EDT
Children's hospital director says 'revolutionary' sex change clinic for kids is the same as treating diabetes
'There are plenty of possibilities of gender. There's not just a he and a she, there's a they, there's other options,' Dr. Angela Goepferd said
By Hannah Grossman | Fox News

The director of the gender program at Children's Minnesota claimed that treating asthma and diabetes is no different from offering sex changes for kids.

The medical establishment refers to sex changes as "gender-affirming care," which includes mental health counseling, social transitioning, hormones and potential surgeries down the line.

Dr. Angela Goepferd, a pediatrician, heads the sex change clinic that is catered for kids at Children's Minnesota. Children's Minnesota treats children struggling with gender dysphoria as young as 6 and creates plans for them, according to Goepferd. They offer hormones to kids as young as 14.

According to a sample gender support plan obtained by Fox News Digital, the hospital will offer puberty blockers at the first signs of sexual development called Tanner Stage 2.  ...

Dr. Goepferd. No, really.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 12:42:19 pm »

:facepalm2:

No, there are only two genders - he and she - and they are biologically/genetically determined at birth.

All the rest is just dress-up.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 01:32:57 pm »

Democrat rule. I live right on the border in Wisconsin close to Minnesota, and our government in Wisconsin is more divided than Minnesota.

When I lived in Minnesota, in the 8th Congressional District, we were represented Oberstar, a Democrat. Yet he represented the district very well. He would be a very conservative Democrat by today’s party standards. He was pro life, pro second amendment, supported mining and logging, and would have never gone along with this transgender nonsense

A lot of this is  the Twin Cities area Democrats. And Duluth has a very disastrous mayor called Emily Larson, who is a democrat, and will be reelected.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 10:03:08 pm »
Mountaineer wonders:
"What the heck is going on in Minnesota?"

Gee, I'm dumb, but I've got it figured out.
We are watching what happens as a [formerly] left-leaning state transmogrifies into burgeoning communism.

How much longer before they go "all-in" ???