Author Topic: SMH: Lower the Voting Age to 16, to Drive Climate Action  (Read 115 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SMH: Lower the Voting Age to 16, to Drive Climate Action
« on: February 07, 2023, 12:36:29 pm »

Home2023February6
CLIMATE POLITICS
6 hours ago Eric Worrall 19 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Two secondary school Greta minions have demanded the vote, so they can push aside all the older climate action blockers. But there is a reason we don’t allow kids to vote.

If we have to fight this war, give us a say in the battle plans

ByArlo Foyn Hill and Qing Ng
February 6, 2023 — 5.00am

On Wednesday, Ross Gittins wrote an apology to his grandkids for not fighting the war of our times. He questioned whether the politicians pushing the government’s flawed climate policy were quietly banking on not being around long enough to have to explain their actions to their grandkids.

Young people will bear the brunt of climate change impacts but have also driven a global movement calling for action from world leaders – our elders. We are the ones who will face worsening extreme weather, and should have a say in what our leaders are doing to keep us safe.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/02/06/smh-lower-the-voting-age-to-16-to-drive-climate-action/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson