Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>> SOTU ADDRESS 2023  (Read 8539 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LIVE THREAD>> SOTU ADDRESS 2023
« on: February 07, 2023, 02:19:48 am »
State of the Union 2023 | The White House
https://www.whitehouse.gov › state-of-the-union-2023
President Biden will address a Joint Session of Congress at the United States Capitol on Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 9 PM ET.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: LIVE THREAD>> SOTU ADDRESS 2023
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 02:23:28 am »
Sean just said that Biden will once again attack MAGA Republicans on a number of issues..I am betting  SSI will be on the list...I wish someone would stand up and call him a liar!

He will also take credit for shooting down the Chinese balloon and be hailed a hero with a standing O..

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 02:41:40 am »
Sean just said that Biden will once again attack MAGA Republicans on a number of issues..I am betting  SSI will be on the list...I wish someone would stand up and call him a liar!

He will also take credit for shooting down the Chinese balloon and be hailed a hero with a standing O..

I haven't watched one of these for a couple of decades, but it would be funny if McCarthy tore up his copy publicly after Biden finished.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 02:47:42 am »
SOTFU ADDRESS 2023
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 03:00:46 am »
... it would be funny if McCarthy tore up his copy publicly after Biden finished.

We don't need "funny", we need 100 Joe Wilsons.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 05:05:07 am »
Damn,  I thought I missed Joe's prerecorded message.  But it is tomorrow.   In for the replies.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 05:50:54 am »
We don't need "funny", we need 100 Joe Wilsons.

I might watch it, just to see if we get just one.  Biteme Lies!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 01:45:06 pm »
I'm just planning to watch to see how dilated Biden's eyes are and how many times he whispers at us.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 02:23:13 pm »
 White House State of the Union guests include Tyre Nichols’s parents, Paul Pelosi, Bono
by Brett Samuels   02/07/23 5:00 AM ET

Roughly two dozen special guests will attend Tuesday’s State of the Union at the invitation of the White House, including veterans and first responders, cancer survivors, a mental health advocates and the parents of Tyre Nichols.

The list of guests who will sit in first lady Jill Biden’s box during President Biden’s speech, unveiled early Tuesday by the White House, features several individuals who highlight the administration’s priorities on reproductive rights, access to safe drinking water, immigration, the economy and gun violence.

Among the most high-profile guests who will attend Tuesday night’s address to Congress are Bono, the lead singer of U2 and a prominent HIV/AIDS activist; Paul Pelosi, the husband of Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) who is recovering from a violent October attack; and the parents of Nichols, the 29-year-old Black man who died last month after being beaten by Memphis police in an incident captured on video.

Biden is set to speak to a joint session of Congress at 9 p.m. EST.

Here is the full list of guests attending at the invitation of the White House:

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3846594-white-house-state-of-the-union-guests-include-tyre-nicholss-parents-paul-pelosi-bono/
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 02:23:45 pm »
Here's hoping somebody tears up his speech - turnabout is fair play.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 02:42:22 pm »
White House Sends Out Error-Laden Economy ‘Fact Sheet’ On Eve Of SOTU

Diana Glebova
White House Correspondent
February 06, 2023 10:34 PM ET

The White House sent out a misleading “fact sheet” about the economy on Monday, one day before President Joe Biden is set to address the American people in the State of the Union.

The “fact sheet,” entitled “The Biden Economic Plan Is Working,” lays out how the Biden administration has shown economic “progress” over the past two years — a topic the president aims to highlight in his Tuesday night speech. Despite Biden declaring an economic victory over the deficit, a “manufacturing boom” and winning against “Big Pharma,” several of the “facts” are misleading claims.

“In the last two years, the Administration cut the deficit by more than $1.7 trillion—the largest deficit reduction in American history. The President believes we need to continue that progress—and reward work, not wealth,” the statement reads.

The deficit largely fell because of the expiration of COVID-19 funding, not due to the Biden administration’s efforts, Check Your Fact reported.

“Eighty percent of that $1.8 trillion or so falling deficit is because of expiring or waning COVID relief. The remaining 20% you can explain by economic changes, including a stronger than expected economy and especially higher inflation which leads to higher tax revenue,” Marc Goldwein, senior vice president and senior policy director for the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (CRFB), told Check Your Fact in a phone interview in September.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/02/06/white-house-error-laden-economy-fact-sheet-eve-sotu/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2023, 03:36:21 pm »

Will McCarthy Rip Up Biden's State of the Union Speech Tonight?
Katie Pavlich

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy is getting ready to host President Joe Biden on Capitol Hill Tuesday night for the State of the Union address. It will be McCarthy's first time sitting behind Biden with the Speaker's gavel after Republicans took back the House in November 2022.

Given former Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's infamous rip up of President Donald Trump's speech in 2020, McCarthy is addressing whether he will engage in the same behavior.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2023/02/07/mccarthy-gets-out-in-front-of-bidens-state-of-the-union-address-n2619260
Support the USO

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2023, 03:46:20 pm »
Here's hoping somebody tears up his speech - turnabout is fair play.

:facepalm2:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2023, 03:48:27 pm »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2023, 03:51:30 pm »
Will McCarthy Rip Up Biden's State of the Union Speech Tonight?
Katie Pavlich

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy is getting ready to host President Joe Biden on Capitol Hill Tuesday night for the State of the Union address. It will be McCarthy's first time sitting behind Biden with the Speaker's gavel after Republicans took back the House in November 2022.

Given former Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's infamous rip up of President Donald Trump's speech in 2020, McCarthy is addressing whether he will engage in the same behavior.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2023/02/07/mccarthy-gets-out-in-front-of-bidens-state-of-the-union-address-n2619260

"I don't believe in the theatrics of tearing up speeches," McCarthy said. "I respect the other side, I can disagree on policy. But I want to make sure this country is stronger, economically sound, energy independent, secure and accountable."
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2023, 03:53:57 pm »
WALLS FOR ME, NOT FOR THEE: Fence Goes Back Up At Capitol Ahead Of Biden SOTU Address
By Mike LaChance
Published February 6, 2023 at 9:30pm

Democrats claim walls don’t work and are racist, except when they think they need them.

Ahead of Biden’s state of the union address on Tuesday night, the fence has gone back up at the Capitol Building. The same fencing Democrat put up after J6.

What’s the point? Who are they trying to keep out?

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/02/walls-fence-goes-back-capitol-ahead-biden-sotu-address/
Support the USO

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2023, 03:54:16 pm »
They need to change the name from SOTU to STFU.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2023, 04:00:44 pm »

"I don't believe in the theatrics of tearing up speeches," McCarthy said. "I respect the other side, I can disagree on policy. But I want to make sure this country is stronger, economically sound, energy independent, secure and accountable."

:facepalm2:

So, the prostitute respects the pimp.

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2023, 04:07:41 pm »
Right back atcha, dearie.

Why don't you come up with an original idea rather than hoping we repeat one we raged against?  Is that asking too much?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2023, 04:45:56 pm »
Why don't you come up with an original idea rather than hoping we repeat one we raged against?  Is that asking too much?

:mauslaff:

WADR, giving the democrats a taste of their own medicine, rather than playing the "I respect the other side" game ad nauseam, is an original idea, at least as far as the GOP is concerned.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 04:53:52 pm by Kamaji »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2023, 05:44:33 pm »
I'm just planning to watch to see how dilated Biden's eyes are and how many times he whispers at us.
I'd love to see the list of drugs they're pumping into him today.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2023, 05:52:26 pm »
Think i might give my blood pressure a break and skip this farce

Pedo Joe and his constant lies makes me ill.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2023, 06:05:30 pm »
President Biden will address a Joint Session of Congress at the United States Capitol on Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 9 PM ET.

Man I miss those joint sessions.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2023, 06:05:47 pm »
There's no way on earth I'd watch this nonsense.  Got a Ruth Rendell book from the library today, so my evening is set.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2023, 06:06:01 pm »