Author Topic: The Grammys’ Embrace Of LGBT Politics And Satanism Isn’t Just Gross, It’s Boring  (Read 551 times)

Offline Kamaji

The Grammys’ Embrace Of LGBT Politics And Satanism Isn’t Just Gross, It’s Boring

My boredom with Hollywood has officially become stronger than my disgust.

BY: ISABELLE ROSINI
FEBRUARY 06, 2023

Hollywood’s not-so-secret LGBT agenda was on full display at the Grammys last night. From the eyesore that was Harry Styles’ “clowncore” jumpsuit; to Beyonce dedicating her win to her guncle and the “queer community” (of which she is not a part); to Kim Petras narcissistically crowning himself the first transgender “woman” to win in the Best Pop Duo/Group category, the only way viewers could escape the gay was if they turned off their TVs.

For those who powered through the ceremony, they would have also been subjected to the unsightly and openly satanic performance of “Unholy” by Petras and Sam Smith, who calls himself “nonbinary.” While Petras danced around in a cage surrounded by she-devils (or they-devils?), a latex and high heel-clad Smith led a group of witchy women in a dance clearly intended to mimic devil worship. That Madonna — a woman who looks less human and more diabolic than ever thanks to some gnarly plastic surgery — introduced the performance is fitting.

In her introduction, Madonna smugly alluded to the “controversy” that would soon occur on stage. Though the performance was certainly as depraved, tasteless, and oversexed as the lyrics to the sinful “Unholy” might call for, my main complaint is not that Smith, a gay man, and Petras, a man who purports to be a woman, were flaunting Satanism and anti-family values on live television.

My main complaint is just how boring, unoriginal, and self-congratulatory the performance was.

These days, full-fledged embrace of Satanism and sado-masochism is nothing new or out of the ordinary for Hollywood. Anything that was going to come after Lil Nas X’s “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)” music video, featuring a lap dance with the devil, and accompanying Satan shoes would be hard to top. Even so, Hollywood’s pop and hip-hop darlings continue to seize on satanic imagery for their lyrics, performances, and promotional materials as often as they adopt new gender identities or advocate to normalize transgenderism.

But is it just me or is the shtick getting old?

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/02/06/the-grammys-embrace-of-lgbt-politics-and-satanism-isnt-just-gross-its-boring/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The Grammys’ Embrace Of LGBT Politics And Satanism Isn’t Just Gross, It’s Boring

My boredom with Hollywood has officially become stronger than my disgust.

BY: ISABELLE ROSINI
FEBRUARY 06, 2023

Hollywood’s not-so-secret LGBT agenda was on full display at the Grammys last night. From the eyesore that was Harry Styles’ “clowncore” jumpsuit; to Beyonce dedicating her win to her guncle and the “queer community” (of which she is not a part); to Kim Petras narcissistically crowning himself the first transgender “woman” to win in the Best Pop Duo/Group category, the only way viewers could escape the gay was if they turned off their TVs.

For those who powered through the ceremony, they would have also been subjected to the unsightly and openly satanic performance of “Unholy” by Petras and Sam Smith, who calls himself “nonbinary.” While Petras danced around in a cage surrounded by she-devils (or they-devils?), a latex and high heel-clad Smith led a group of witchy women in a dance clearly intended to mimic devil worship. That Madonna — a woman who looks less human and more diabolic than ever thanks to some gnarly plastic surgery — introduced the performance is fitting.

In her introduction, Madonna smugly alluded to the “controversy” that would soon occur on stage. Though the performance was certainly as depraved, tasteless, and oversexed as the lyrics to the sinful “Unholy” might call for, my main complaint is not that Smith, a gay man, and Petras, a man who purports to be a woman, were flaunting Satanism and anti-family values on live television.

My main complaint is just how boring, unoriginal, and self-congratulatory the performance was.

These days, full-fledged embrace of Satanism and sado-masochism is nothing new or out of the ordinary for Hollywood. Anything that was going to come after Lil Nas X’s “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)” music video, featuring a lap dance with the devil, and accompanying Satan shoes would be hard to top. Even so, Hollywood’s pop and hip-hop darlings continue to seize on satanic imagery for their lyrics, performances, and promotional materials as often as they adopt new gender identities or advocate to normalize transgenderism.

But is it just me or is the shtick getting old?

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/02/06/the-grammys-embrace-of-lgbt-politics-and-satanism-isnt-just-gross-its-boring/

I agree - it's just tiresome and uninteresting at this point.   They do gimmicks like that because they lack the actual musical talent necessary to achieve success from that alone.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As they slide toward irrelevance, at least imho, they do increasingly 'outrageous' things to stay 'edgy' thinking that will keep people interested.

Nope.

I quit watching mutual back-patting associations long ago. Seemed the more they raved about something, the more offensive or boring I found it to be. Just hyping more of the same formula and telling us how wonderful they are. >YAWN<

My grandkids listen to '70s music (and older) and never complain. Actually, some like country...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Someone watched the Grammys?

That ought to be news by itself.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

I quit watching the Grammys quite a while ago. I'm not their target audience.  :laugh:

I guess I wasn't as surprised to see that they had displayed what appeared to be open Satanism as I should be. Anything to get attention...good or bad.

I will say that I nearly fell over when I read that Bonnie Raitt won song of the year. How did that happen? Bonnie is a great artist and the song is actually good!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I used to really consider myself knowledgeable, and pretty up to date on popular music.

But, looking at a composite of all 146 nominations, I only recognized 53 of those artists in those nominatons.  What's that...  about 35%.  :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

The Sam Smith performance is being called "Fat Satan," and that pretty much sums it up. Between those clowns and the silicone-pumped Madonna, holy cow, what a freakshow.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

I used to really consider myself knowledgeable, and pretty up to date on popular music.

But, looking at a composite of all 146 nominations, I only recognized 53 of those artists in those nominatons.  What's that...  about 35%.  :thud:

I thought I was pretty current as well...until several years ago I gave up trying to keep up. I don't hear the same talent. And even more...the artists, for the most part, only hang around for very short periods of time. Sure, there is a Lady GaGa or Adele, but they are few and far in between.

My dad would only listen to Big Band (which I love) from his era. I promised myself that I would try my best to keep current. Oh well, I have become a geezer.

I just find it interesting that retro music is used in soundtracks and commercials...and the younger folks like it as well. That tells me something.