Author Topic: Unauthorized Immigrant Populations by Country and Region, Top States and Counties of Residence, 2019  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unauthorized Immigrant Populations by Country and Region, Top States and Counties of Residence, 2019
This interactive map, based on MPI estimates, shows the top states and counties of residence for unauthorized immigrants in the United States as of 2019, by country or region of origin. Select a country or region from the dropdown menu to learn where immigrants from that geography settle primarily. Hover over a state to get state population estimates. The top county concentrations are displayed with bubbles, sized according to the estimated unauthorized population in each county. (Hover over individual bubbles for county estimates.) And for detailed demographic profiles of the unauthorized population at U.S., state, and top county levels, click here.

Notes:
1) MPI estimates use commonly accepted benchmarks from other research studies to determine the size of the unauthorized population and response rates to surveys. These estimates have the same sampling and coverage errors as any other survey-based estimates that rely on American Community Survey (ACS) or other Census Bureau data.

2) Estimates are rounded to the nearest 1,000. Shares of unauthorized immigrants out of the total unauthorized immigrant population in states and counties are based on unrounded numbers.

3) China includes Hong Kong but excludes Taiwan, and Korea includes North and South Korea.

4) The suburban Denver counties designation includes: Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas, Jefferson, Boulder, Broomfield, Gilpin, Clear Creek, and a portion of Elbert.

5) NECTAs refer to New England City and Town Areas, geographic entities defined by the U.S. Census Bureau for use as alternatives to counties in the six-state New England region.

Source:
The 2019 estimates result from Migration Policy Institute analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data from the pooled 2015-19 American Community Survey (ACS) and the 2008 Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP), weighted to 2019 unauthorized immigrant population estimates provided by Jennifer Van Hook of The Pennsylvania State University, Population Research Institute.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/data-hub/charts/unauthorized-immigrant-populations-country-and-region-top-state-and-county
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson