Author Topic: Videos: Disney Cartoon Declares U.S. “Built on Slavery” Pushes ‘Reparations’ Propaganda  (Read 259 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Videos: Disney Cartoon Declares U.S. “Built on Slavery” Pushes ‘Reparations’ Propaganda
“We, the descendants of slaves in America, have earned reparations…and continue to earn reparations every moment we spend submerged in the systemic prejudice, racism, and white supremacy that America was founded with and still has not atoned for.”

Published 1 min ago on 6 February, 2023Steve WatsonScreenshot

A Disney+ cartoon aimed at children has been heavily criticised for proclaiming that America was “built on slavery” and for pushing the notion of ‘reparations’.

The The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder aired an episode last week that featured children discovering that their town was founded by a slave owner and then concluding that Abraham Lincoln had no desire to end slavery.

In one scene, the characters perform a song featuring the lyrics “this country was built on slavery, which means slaves built this country,” adding “The descendants of slaves continue to build this.”

It goes on “And we, the descendants of slaves in America, have earned reparations…and continue to earn reparations every moment we spend submerged in the systemic prejudice, racism, and white supremacy that America was founded with and still has not atoned for.”

https://summit.news/2023/02/06/videos-disney-cartoon-declares-u-s-built-on-slavery-pushes-reparations-propaganda/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is the toon derived from that great historical novel, 1619? :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji