Author Topic: Objectivity Is Dead, and the Leftist Media Killed It  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Objectivity Is Dead, and the Leftist Media Killed It
« on: February 06, 2023, 12:28:57 pm »
February 6, 2023
Objectivity Is Dead, and the Leftist Media Killed It
By Tanya Berlaga

The framers of the Constitution designated the press as a special institution designed to report to the people on the actions of the government.

Here is what the First Continental Congress in 1774 wrote:

The last right we shall mention regards the freedom of the press. The importance of this consists, besides the advancement of truth, science, morality, and arts in general, in its diffusion of liberal sentiments on the administration of Government, its ready communication of thoughts between subjects, and its consequential promotion of union among them, whereby oppressive officers are shamed or intimidated into more honorable and just modes of conducting affairs.

The founders saw the press as a medium to promote "communication of thoughts between subjects" and "union among them."  That means the press was designed to facilitate free exchange of ideas to encourage debate and hold the powers that be accountable to the people.

Today, however, the media see their purpose completely differently.  Instead of "communication of thoughts between subjects," the media took it upon themselves to decide which thoughts they will promote and which they will ignore.  They decide which "subjects" are worthy of a platform and which should be shunned.  The media declared themselves as the moral compass for all of us:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/02/objectivity_is_dead_and_the_leftist_media_killed_it.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Objectivity Is Dead, and the Leftist Media Killed It
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 12:30:31 pm »
They have caused it but soon will be blaming the right for causing it. *look*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Objectivity Is Dead, and the Leftist Media Killed It
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 12:36:38 pm »
They have caused it but soon will be blaming the right for causing it. *look*

No doubt.