Author Topic: Clean Energy’s Dirty Little China Secret  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Clean Energy’s Dirty Little China Secret
« on: February 06, 2023, 12:10:23 pm »
February 5, 2023   

Clean Energy’s Dirty Little China Secret
Biden is trying to force America to transition from a global energy superpower into a supplicant to the PRC on our own dime. The new Congress must stop him.

by Victoria Coates

The U.S. Department of Energy has awarded a $200 million grant to electric vehicle battery manufacturer Microvast as part of its effort to promote green energy. But there’s a problem.

Ostensibly headquartered in Texas, Microvast actually manufactures most of its products and does the bulk of its business in the People’s Republic of China (PRC). The Houston office exists mainly to facilitate the receipt of “green energy” government subsidies.

Unfortunately, the Biden administration is willing to go along with this poorly disguised ruse. The myopic pursuit of cheap renewable energy sources is clearly more important to the administration than preventing American taxpayer dollars from going to the PRC, which will pocket them while simultaneously cornering an energy sector on which the United States may well become dependent, as Microvast may well be just the tip of this iceberg.

Biden’s Energy Department maintains that Microvast is really an American company and that the grants will help disentangle the company from Chinese supply chains and encourage the development of new technologies in the United States. But a simple Google search reveals that in 2017, chinabuses.org referred to Microvast as “the leading battery manufacturer in China.”

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/clean-energy%E2%80%99s-dirty-little-china-secret-206173
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Clean Energy’s Dirty Little China Secret
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 12:16:16 pm »
Biden has sold America out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis