Author Topic: Here's Why Electric Cars Won't Kill Gas Engine Cars Any Time Soon  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Here's Why Electric Cars Won't Kill Gas Engine Cars Any Time Soon
Story by Sammy James Moon • Yesterday 2:54 PM

Electric vehicles have been dominating the headlines recently. New electric cars from Ford, Hyundai and Kia gained ground, chipping away at Tesla's lead. EV sales in America nearly doubled in 2022 over the previous year, even as total vehicle sales fell eight percent. It certainly does look like the E-vehicle market is booming with no signs of slowing down.

Updated February 2023: We've updated this article with more details on advancements in internal combustion engine technology, and if you really need to be worried about electric cars killing off gas engines.

Pair this with rumors of tax hikes, ultra-low emission zones (where fossil fuel car owners have to pay to enter an area if their vehicle doesn't meet modern emissions standards), and talks of completely banning the sale of new gasoline and diesel cars, and suddenly things are starting to look a bit scary.

While electric cars like the Lucid Air electric sedan are taking great steps forward in the innovation of electric cars and with graphene batteries just around the corner, it is important for us gearheads to remember, this is not the death of our beloved gasoline engines... far from it in fact.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/here-s-why-electric-cars-won-t-kill-gas-engine-cars-any-time-soon/ar-AA178Fmz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a1e2403bacd544b99f3c5d80740731e8
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson