Author Topic: The Chinese balloon story is even bigger than it seems by Byron York  (Read 513 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Chinese balloon story is even bigger than it seems
by Byron York, Chief Political Correspondent
February 06, 2023 08:57 AM

THE CHINESE BALLOON STORY IS EVEN BIGGER THAN IT SEEMS. The Chinese spy balloon matter has become far more serious in recent hours — and it was serious enough to begin with.

Of course, there are lots of questions in the aftermath of the U.S. Air Force shootdown of the balloon off the coast of South Carolina on Saturday. Questions such as what, specifically, was it spying on? What information had it gathered? When was the United States aware of its existence? Will experts be able to secure enough of the wreckage from the ocean floor to answer those and other questions?

But there are perhaps more troubling questions raised by the conduct of top Biden administration officials. First, they sought political cover by claiming that Chinese spy balloons had overflown the U.S. three times during the Trump administration, and nobody did anything about them at the time. Then, when a chorus of high-ranking officials of the Trump years said with one voice that simply did not happen, the Biden team responded with an explanation that strains credulity. That's where we are now.

As the balloon drifted across the U.S., starting in Alaska, then into Canada, then from Idaho all the way to South Carolina, with the Biden administration refusing to take it down, Republicans were appalled at the White House's tepid response to such a blatant violation of American airspace and sovereignty. Shoot the damn thing down, many of them urged President Joe Biden.

more
https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Fopinion%2Fthe-chinese-balloon-story-is-even-bigger-than-it-seems
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Chinese balloon story is even bigger than it seems by Byron York
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 06:57:25 pm »
Again, in the wake of 9/11 ... if it's unidentified, unauthorized, and in US air space, SHOOT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY.

Hypothetically, the Chi-comms could have used that ballon as a delivery system for weaponized Anthrax to decimate American agriculture.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 07:08:38 pm »
Byron makes some very good points.   But what this boils down to is the Biden Admin is inept and FOS.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 07:28:59 pm »
Again, in the wake of 9/11 ... if it's unidentified, unauthorized, and in US air space, SHOOT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY.

Hypothetically, the Chi-comms could have used that ballon as a delivery system for weaponized Anthrax to decimate American agriculture.

Exactly..I made a similar post on another thread and was shut down...no one knew what was in that balloon..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 07:31:28 pm »
The Chinese balloon story is even bigger than it seems.....it's blowing up.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 12:49:34 am »
There are a host of things that could be done from such a platform.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien