Author Topic: The Bad News Nobody Is Telling You About Electric Pickup Trucks And SUVs  (Read 347 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Bad News Nobody Is Telling You About Electric Pickup Trucks And SUVs
Story by Brian Anderson • Yesterday 3:01 PM
171 Comments

Electric vehicles are hot right now and the EV truck and SUV market is sizzling, for good reason. What's not to like about a monster machine with spaceship accents and speed that rivals European supercars? It turns out a lot, as there are many negative aspects nobody is talking about. Poor aerodynamics and excessive weight limit the range of big EV trucks and SUVs, which in turn limits the primary functions of the vehicles, like towing and off-roading. They are also not nearly as environmentally friendly as people think and are a lot more deadly in traffic accidents. Plus, they ain't cheap.

A Lack Of Aerodynamics Creates Heavier Vehicles
Many big EV trucks and SUVs cost as much as a house and cut through the wind about as well. Since the lack of aerodynamics of these vehicles means less range, manufacturers try to compensate by equipping them with larger battery packs. Bigger batteries equal more weight, which becomes a self-defeating problem of its own. The Rivian R1T weighs in at an astounding 7,148 pounds, but that's small potatoes compared to the 9,000 pounds of the GMC Hummer EV. The Hummer can't even be driven on the Brooklyn Bridge which has a weight limit of 3 tons (6000 pounds). That added weight, in turn, limits the vehicle's range.

To fix the bad aerodynamics issue of big EV trucks and SUVs, adding bigger battery packs un-fixes it by negatively affecting the range. The Hummer EV can go 343 miles on a full charge in perfect conditions. The Rivian R1T only gets 314 miles and the 2024 Volvo EX90 is billed as having a range of "around 300 miles."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/the-bad-news-nobody-is-telling-you-about-electric-pickup-trucks-and-suvs/ar-AA176UQm?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4df99f6268b646f180d804d8b973c786
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: The Bad News Nobody Is Telling You About Electric Pickup Trucks And SUVs
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 03:27:10 pm »
I've owned pickups pretty much my 95% of my driving life, and to the life of me, I know zero who have bought an EV Truck.

Just who are these so called people who buy EV Pickups?  I sure haven't seen or known one

Saying an EV is a great alternative around here?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 04:03:17 pm »
I've owned pickups pretty much my 95% of my driving life, and to the life of me, I know zero who have bought an EV Truck.

Put a ton in back and another couple tons on a trailer behind it, and I bet you can find out why... Not to mention doing so at -20.

Electric pickup trucks are strictly for posers.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 04:25:55 pm »
Just who are these so called people who buy EV Pickups?
Not anyone who actually uses a pickup to haul or tow stuff, that's for sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 04:46:09 pm »
Suburban poseurs are the ones who swarm to these idiocies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 04:51:49 pm »
Suburban poseurs are the ones who swarm to these idiocies.

Woke Urban Cowboys.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2023, 04:54:36 pm »
Woke Urban Cowboys.

:beer:

All Hat, no testicles.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.