Author Topic: That Downed Chinese Balloon Wasn’t Exactly For Spying. It Was a ‘Trial’ Balloon  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
That Downed Chinese Balloon Wasn’t Exactly For Spying. It Was a ‘Trial’ Balloon
Story by James Holmes • Yesterday 4:31 PM

Weather balloon? Spy balloon? Nope, and nope. I guess that the Chinese balloon sighted over Montana and Missouri this week - and just shot down off the coast of South Carolina by an F-22 Raptor  - was a trial balloon.

Sure, it may have gathered intelligence about military doings on the surface below, but that was a mere bonus.

If I’m right, Beijing’s chief reason for floating a balloon over North America was to see whether it would elicit a response from the U.S. government and military, as well as from the American people.

And so it did, judging from the subsequent uproar in the press and on social media. Advantage: Xi Jinping & Co.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/that-downed-chinese-balloon-wasn-t-exactly-for-spying-it-was-a-trial-balloon/ar-AA176AwP?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b1f6c87818ce4b879bb782cc06b4ec21
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Well, that makes a big difference!  That makes it okay to have stuff flying over the US without being questioned - at least to Biden and Milley. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson