Author Topic: China Threatens Repercussions for Downed Spy Balloon, Reserves ‘the Right to Take Further Actions in  (Read 870 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
China Threatens Repercussions for Downed Spy Balloon, Reserves ‘the Right to Take Further Actions in Response’

Breitbart News 4 Feb 2023

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. military on Saturday shot down a suspected Chinese spy balloon off the Carolina coast after it traversed sensitive military sites across North America. China insisted the flyover was an accident involving a civilian aircraft and threatened repercussions.

President Joe Biden issued the order but had wanted the balloon downed even earlier, on Wednesday. He was advised that the best time for the operation would be when it was over water, U.S. officials said. Military officials determined that bringing it down over land from an altitude of 60,000 feet would pose an undue risk to people on the ground.

China responded that it reserved the right to “take further actions” and criticized the U.S. for “an obvious overreaction and a serious violation of international practice.”

In its statement Sunday, China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that “China will resolutely uphold the relevant company’s legitimate rights and interests, and at the same time reserving the right to take further actions in response.”

The presence of the balloon in the skies above the U.S. this week dealt a severe blow to already strained U.S.-Chinese relations that have been in a downward spiral for years. It prompted Secretary of State Antony Blinken to abruptly cancel a high-stakes Beijing trip aimed at easing tensions.

“They successfully took it down and I want to compliment our aviators who did it,” Biden said after getting off Air Force One en route to Camp David.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2023/02/04/china-threatens-repercussions-for-downed-spy-balloon-reserves-the-right-to-take-further-actions-in-response/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Complimenting the brave aviators who managed to shoot down a freaking balloon.  The puffery going on with this is jaw-dropping.

The Chinese should be apologizing to us.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is the proverbial rubbing it into your eye........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Considering KAL 007, this was nothing. CHina has no right to violate our airspace, and if a plane could fly up to it, it is airspace, not outer space.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

I seem to recall China initially denying that the balloon was theirs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Ohhh good grief, China saw the MSM make a big deal out of repercussions and decided it was a good way to divert attention. Kiss my butt China and Ole Joe for taking so long to shoot it down and MSM for fear mongering for their commie owners.

Release a few balloons with spy capabilities into China and see what they would do, same thing they do when we get in their space (few ships took over in recent years).

« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 06:58:06 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

Ohhh good grief, China saw the MSM make a big deal out of repercussions and decided it was a good way to divert attention. Kiss my butt China and Ole Joe for taking so long to shoot it down and MSM for fear mongering for their commie owners.

Release a few balloons with spy capabilities into China and see what they would do, same thing they do when we get in their space (few ships took over in recent years).
Maybe we should set up a few with totally bogus, but good looking instrument packages and float them over. It will give the Chinese something to do.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

The only thing the Chinese should be saying is "Ooops...we are sooo sorry and it won't ever happen again."

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
F*** China!

Either the USA grows a set, or we are toast.  With traitor Biden, the CCP stooge, and Miley, even a bigger stooge, I fear we will have China ruling America over night, and we all will become slaves faster than you can blink.

The time has come to end all trade with China, and expel every China national from the USA.  We are educating our biggest enemy why?  Someone please explain the utter stupidity to me please!

Offline Smokin Joe

F*** China!

Either the USA grows a set, or we are toast.  With traitor Biden, the CCP stooge, and Miley, even a bigger stooge, I fear we will have China ruling America over night, and we all will become slaves faster than you can blink.

The time has come to end all trade with China, and expel every China national from the USA.  We are educating our biggest enemy why?  Someone please explain the utter stupidity to me please!
While some folks are just in bed with the Chinese, some are getting paid handsomely to do so.

Treason never prospers, what's the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 07:27:53 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

While some folks are just in bed with the Chinese, some are getting paid handsomely to do so.

There's a word for that...  :whistle: