Author Topic: Chicago residents attempt to block migrants from moving into former Woodlawn school  (Read 201 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago residents attempt to block migrants from moving into former Woodlawn school
By Nate Rodgers and FOX 32 NewsPublished February 2, 2023 3:41PMUpdated 9:26PMWoodlawnFOX 32 Chicago

One-hundred migrants moved into the former Wadsworth Elementary School in Woodlawn on Thursday. This comes after neighborhood residents voiced opposition.

CHICAGO - One-hundred migrants moved into the former Wadsworth Elementary School in Woodlawn on Thursday. This comes after neighborhood residents voiced opposition.

The Venezuela natives arrived by CTA bus, carrying bikes, laundry baskets and duffel bags. The city says they were relocated from other facilities because of capacity limits.

Chicago police maintained a heavy presence at 64th and University Avenue as a small group of protesters tried to block the group from arriving.

"I’m not comfortable with it in my neighborhood. I can’t speak for everyone else," one woman said.

Over the last several weeks, Woodlawn residents have expressed concerns about the move. Alderman Jeanette Taylor of the 20th Ward says she, along with residents, have been left out of the loop regarding planning and services that will be offered.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/chicago-residents-attempt-to-block-migrants-from-moving-into-former-woodlawn-school
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess uber-liberal Chicago isn't the great sanctuary they want people to believe.  They obviously don't want the poor and homeless from other countries.  If they did, they wouldn't put them in South Chicago.  When those residents don't want you, you can leave on your own or on an undertaker's gurney. 22222frying pan
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson