Author Topic: Border town’s only hospital ‘running out of resources’, on the brink of collapse caring for migrants  (Read 146 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border town’s only hospital ‘running out of resources’, on the brink of collapse caring for migrants
Megan Myers
Sat, February 4, 2023 at 2:00 AM EST

The migrant surge is overwhelming a border town's only hospital, the facility's director told Fox News.

Yuma Regional Medical Center – the only hospital within 60 miles – has been forced to delay residents' care to treat scores of illegal immigrants, many of them pregnant women.

Meanwhile, the hospital is racking up millions in unpaid expenses. Over six months, caring for migrants has cost the 406-bed facility at least $20 million with no one to foot the bill, according to the center's president and CEO, Dr. Robert Trenschel.

"That's an unsustainable model to have that unexpected expense without any revenue to offset it," Trenschel said. "It's a no-win situation."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/border-town-only-hospital-running-070047132.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson