Author Topic: Ban on anesthesia next?! Doc suggests ‘lowering the flow of anesthetic gas’ in patients to save plan  (Read 378 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ban on anesthesia next?! Doc suggests ‘lowering the flow of anesthetic gas’ in patients to save planet – 1 hour of surgical anesthesia equivalent to driving as many as 470 miles
Anesthesia the next target in climate battle: Docs suggest reducing anesthesia: Would you suffer to combat climate change?

NY Post: Experts are now recommending that doctors reduce their use of certain kinds of anesthesia in order to combat the effects of climate change. Dr. Mohamed Fayed, a senior anesthetist at Detroit’s Henry Ford Health, made the suggestion during the American Society of Anesthesiologists’ annual conference last Friday in Orlando, Florida. “Global warming is affecting our daily life more and more, and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions has become crucial,” he said. Dr. Fayed added, “No matter how small each effect is, it will add up. As anesthesiologists, we can contribute significantly to this cause by making little changes in our daily practice — such as lowering the flow of anesthetic gas — without affecting patient care.”

Research notes that inhaled anesthesia accounts for up to 0.1% of the world’s carbon emissions, which are regarded as the primary driver of global climate change. An hour of surgery using an inhaled anesthetic is equivalent to driving as many as 470 miles, according to a 2010 study.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/02/03/ban-on-anesthesia-next-doc-suggests-lowering-the-flow-of-anesthetic-gas-in-patients-to-save-planet-1-hour-of-surgical-anesthesia-equivalent-to-driving-as-many-as-470-miles/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline roamer_1

Research notes that inhaled anesthesia accounts for up to 0.1% of the world’s carbon emissions, which are regarded as the primary driver of global climate change. An hour of surgery using an inhaled anesthetic is equivalent to driving as many as 470 miles, according to a 2010 study.

Oh bullsh*t. How does ANYONE believe this crap?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They have been conditioned from an early age from virtually every direction to BELIEVE!

As members in good standing of the Church of Climate Change, and with wokeness abounding, no heresy of blaming natural cycles and processes is allowed.

Enough guilt abounds in their dogma to blame all that others possess, especially anything that brings comfort, physical or spiritual, as the very evil that threatens the planet.

So, for the rest of us living on this glorious dirtball in space, the climate we have seen change most notably in our lifetimes has been the climate of rational discussion, not yet extinct, but definitely endangered.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline cato potatoe

None of them do, when it’s time for a knee replacement.

Offline roamer_1

None of them do, when it’s time for a knee replacement.

Anyone who believes this silly sh*t does not have the capacity to think that far ahead.

Offline roamer_1

So, for the rest of us living on this glorious dirtball in space, the climate we have seen change most notably in our lifetimes has been the climate of rational discussion, not yet extinct, but definitely endangered.

Pretty hard for it to be otherwise when something like this can get through without a critical thought.