Author Topic: Mexico plans to ban solar geoengineering after rogue experiment  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mexico plans to ban solar geoengineering after rogue experiment
« on: February 05, 2023, 11:10:26 am »
Mexico plans to ban solar geoengineering after rogue experiment
Published on 18/01/2023, 9:48am
A US startup carried out a geoengineering experiment in Mexico, which the country claims was done without prior notice and consent

The stunt took place in the Mexican state of Baja California (Pic: NASA/Norman Kuring)

By Sebastian Rodriguez and Joe Lo

Mexico announced this Tuesday a set of measures to ban solar geoengineering experiments in the country, after a US startup began releasing sulfur particles into the atmosphere in the northern state of Baja California.

The Mexican government said it will develop a strategy to ban future experimentation with solar geoengineering, which will also include an information campaign and scientific reports. However, the government did not announce more specific actions.

“Mexico reiterates its unavoidable commitment to the protection and well-being of the population from practices that generate risks to human and environmental security,” said the government in a statement.

Geoengineering refers to the act of deliberately changing the Earth’s systems to control its climate.

https://www.climatechangenews.com/2023/01/18/mexico-plans-to-ban-solar-geoengineering-after-rogue-experiment/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Mexico plans to ban solar geoengineering after rogue experiment
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 12:33:42 pm »
Funny how these goobers howl about "Man-made Climate Change", and then go and try to do it themselves!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis