Author Topic: LA Times Claim that the World Can “quickly phase out all fossil fuels” is Completely Incompetent  (Read 423 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
LA Times Claim that the World Can “quickly phase out all fossil fuels” is Completely Incompetent
17 hours ago Guest Blogger 46 Comments

Guest essay by Larry Hamlin

The LA Times published an Editorial claiming that the ozone layer thinning is recovering and that this outcome provides hope for climate alarmism schemes to be undertaken that can allegedly fix climate change concerns with the obvious solution being “to quickly phase out all fossil fuel.”

The Times editorial notes the following:

“The gradual recovery of the ozone layer has been held up as proof that humanity can succeed with sustained, collective action against a shared threat to our environment. So should it also give us hope for the climate crisis? Not if we ignore its example and continue with the same plodding rate of action.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/02/04/la-times-claim-that-the-world-can-quickly-phase-out-all-fossil-fuels-is-completely-incompetent/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dumbasses. The Ozone Layer, like so much in nature is cyclical.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

Can, maybe, if we go on a crash program to build nuclear reactors.  Can if we follow policies the LA Times would advocate... if you believe that, perhaps you'd be interested in buying a bridge linking Manhattan and Brooklyn that I could get you a great deal on...
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online roamer_1

Completely incompetent? Well, that's too kind by at least an order of magnitude.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Completely incompetent? Well, that's too kind by at least an order of magnitude.
Agreed. More like lunatic ravings from La La Land.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis