Author Topic: Ted Cruz, Joe Manchin, launch bill to stop Biden from selling more US oil reserves to China  (Read 266 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ted Cruz, Joe Manchin, launch bill to stop Biden from selling more US oil reserves to China
"The reserve is, above-all, meant to help the United States and our allies through difficult times, not to help China power its economy."

ADVERTISEMENT

Ted Cruz, Joe Manchin, launch bill to stop Biden from selling more US oil reserves to China

Joshua Young
Youngsville North Carolina
Feb 3, 2023

On Wednesday, a bipartisan team of legislators, including Democrat Senator Joe Manchin from West Virginia and GOP Senator Ted Cruz from Texas, introduced a bill that would prevent Joe Biden from selling off any more barrels of America's Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) to China called the Protecting America’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve from China Act.

Mancin said in a statement, "The Strategic Petroleum Reserve is a vital piece of our nation’s infrastructure that bolsters our energy and national security. While the reserve has been a policy Band-Aid for rising gas prices and the global unrest caused by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the reserve is, above all, meant to help the United States and our allies through difficult times, not to help China power its economy."

Manchin added, "This bill would ensure that we are not risking our energy security by selling our petroleum reserves to China, and the bipartisan support this legislation has received shows just how important it is for America to be energy secure and independent."

https://thepostmillennial.com/ted-cruz-joe-manchin-launch-bill-to-stop-biden-from-selling-more-us-oil-reserves-to-china?utm_campaign=64487
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Future withdrawals from the National Stretegic Pertoleum Reserve should be contingent on restarting energy exploration, development, trasnport, and refining projects already in progress, but in regulatory limbo.

In order for today's oil to leave the SPR, there needs to be a plan to re-fill it with future domestic oil production.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
i so totally agree, now that the barn has burnt down and the ashes are cold, we need to organize a fire brigade and start fighting this fire!
 :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :mauslaff: twilight zonexxxx
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
While I am 100% behind this, as it (SPR to Chicoms) shouldn't have taken place in the first place, having the two biggest opportunistic grandstanders in the senate pushing it?

:thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.