Author Topic: Navy ships face growing maintenance delays, costs, watchdog reports  (Read 125 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy ships face growing maintenance delays, costs, watchdog reports
By The Associated Press
 Feb 3, 07:14 PM

Navy ships are getting fewer steaming hours because of growing maintenance delays and costs, a troubling trend that comes as at time when the U.S. is struggling to keep pace with China’s growing fleet.

Operating and support costs grew by about $2.5 billion across 10 ship classes while the number of propulsion hours in which ships were operating or training dipped during a 10-year period that ended in 2021, according to a report by the Government Accountability Office.

The Navy saw increased maintenance delays, breakdowns and cannibalization of parts — moving them from one ship to keep another one going — during the period.

The analysis shows “persistent sustainment challenges that have worsened,” compounded by maintenance delays and deferred maintenance noted in previous reports by the GAO, a congressional agency that audits federal programs.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/02/04/report-navy-ships-face-growing-maintenance-delays-costs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy ships face growing maintenance delays, costs, watchdog reports
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 03:35:03 pm »
This could be expected from Biden and Milley. :#@$%:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson