Author Topic: Border Patrol sees ‘unprecedented numbers’ of migrants during 1st quarter of FY23  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol sees ‘unprecedented numbers’ of migrants during 1st quarter of FY23
by: Dave Burge

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 / 05:38 PM CST

Updated: Jan 30, 2023 / 05:38 PM CST

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – U.S. Border Patrol agents working in the El Paso Sector saw “unprecedented numbers” of migrant encounters during the first quarter in Fiscal Year 2023.(FY23), according to a news release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

During the first three months of FY23, migrant encounters totaled 162,603, which represents an increase of 231 percent from the same time frame last fiscal year.

The top five nationalities encountered in the El Paso Sector were from Nicaragua, Venezuela, Mexico, Ecuador, and Colombia.

The El Paso Sector also includes the border area of New Mexico.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-patrol-sees-unprecedented-numbers-of-migrants-during-1st-quarter-of-fy23/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson