Author Topic: Op-Ed: The EU Faces a Big Energy Problem - Will the US Learn Its Lesson?  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Op-Ed: The EU Faces a Big Energy Problem - Will the US Learn Its Lesson?

By Guy Mitchell
  February 3, 2023 at 6:11pm
“Economically, this agreement is the equivalent of a one-way street.” — Bill Clinton, October 2000

The Industrial Revolution began in England in the late 18th century with the advent of new manufacturing materials (iron and steel), new energy sources (coal, petroleum and electricity), the invention of new machinery and the factory system. It spread to Belgium, then France and later to Germany and the rest of Europe. It created a new paradigm for economic growth, prosperity for the populace, and the creation of wealth for nations.

Now, almost 300 years later, it appears that there could be a counter-revolution: the deindustrialization of Europe.

https://www.westernjournal.com/op-ed-eu-faces-big-energy-problem-will-us-learn-lesson/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson