Author Topic: Pentagon tester gives thumbs up to US Army electronic warfare planner  (Read 96 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon tester gives thumbs up to US Army electronic warfare planner
By Colin Demarest
 Feb 2, 09:20 AM

The U.S. Army is attempting to rebuild its electronic warfare armory after decades of decline in the wake of the Cold War. (Screenshot/John Higgins/PEO IEW&S)
WASHINGTON — The Pentagon’s independent weapons tester verified that the U.S. Army’s premier electronic-warfare visualization software is operationally effective and capable of assisting soldiers in the field.

The service’s Electronic Warfare Planning and Management Tool, or EWPMT, contributed to the successful engagement of “high-payoff targets,” provided effective tools for understanding the electromagnetic spectrum and, overall, improved situational awareness during trials, the Office of the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation said in its latest public report, released late last month.

Testing of the planning tool, years in the making and still being refined, was handled by the 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, in conjunction with a command-post exercise at Fort Carson, Colorado.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/electronic-warfare/2023/02/02/pentagon-tester-gives-thumbs-up-to-us-army-electronic-warfare-planner/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson