Author Topic: What are you watching now?...2023  (Read 37639 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: What are you watching now?...2023
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2023, 10:40:15 pm »
Midsomer Murders on Acorn.tv.

Pretty good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2023, 06:17:42 am »
Midsomer Murders on Acorn.tv.

Pretty good.

I liked them (Midsomer) too... Watched the whole series years back...

I found Season 3 of All Creatures Great and Small and so far it has continued to be one of the best shows on TV. Loving this 3rd Season almost as much as the first two season.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2023, 10:49:45 pm »
Man in the high  Castle on Prime
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 10:51:19 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2023, 01:13:31 am »
Man in the high  Castle on Prime
Loved that.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2023, 01:15:04 am »
Watched 8 par mini series on Netflix, "Unstable" with Rob Lowe. Dark comedy parts are vey funny other parts are just silly.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2023, 04:53:07 am »
Foyle's War ... Period drama/mystery/detective show set during WWII ... fairly intelligent lead detective series (like seven seasons)... good war time crime with interesting insight here and there. Only 4 shows a season for some reason. All can be found on Youtube for free.

Average rating 7/10 (some better some worse all fairly decent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33XatWuJH70
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 05:02:36 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2023, 01:36:06 pm »
I saw the latest Left Behind movie last night on Prime. Came out last month and thought it was really good.

Alas, it’s a rental, so it was $4.99 but I had a $4.76 credit from Amazon so it was 25 cents.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2023, 10:01:27 pm »
Tonight:
Diplomatic Courier, a 1952 anti-red film noir starring Tyrone Power and Patricia Neal...

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2023, 10:34:56 pm »
Hubby and I drove 2+ hours yesterday to see the new movie “Nefarious”. It’s written and produced by the same people who did “Unplanned” and “God’s Not Dead”. I’ve not seen either of those, but this movie is not the usual Christian sappy schlock. It’s very well done and extremely thought provoking. It’s a movie that challenges your worldview. FYI it’s loosely based on C.S. Lewis’s Screwtape Letters.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2023, 12:26:48 am »
Hubby and I drove 2+ hours yesterday to see the new movie “Nefarious”. It’s written and produced by the same people who did “Unplanned” and “God’s Not Dead”. I’ve not seen either of those, but this movie is not the usual Christian sappy schlock. It’s very well done and extremely thought provoking. It’s a movie that challenges your worldview. FYI it’s loosely based on C.S. Lewis’s Screwtape Letters.

@debrawiest

I have “G-d isn’t dead in my prime que

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2023, 04:53:25 am »
One of those God Isn't Dead was decent...

But honestly I have yet to find a better Christian series than "The Chosen" which has a 9.4 IMBD placing it in the top 5 tv shows of all time... (for a while it lead actually). I didn't believe it until I started watching the show for myself... and it is good... somewhat slow at times but it pays towards the end. The Chosen was crowd funded to make it, and the acting/dialog is spot on... It takes Biblical tales and personalizes it in a believable way (very Jewish and often witty)... It isn't too preachy but you catch Biblical references throughout the series if you have lightly read the Bible.

My rating... 10/10 (highest I can give).... but according to others, the series seems to be just as highly regarded.

https://y.com.sb/watch?v=KZDvcEkjthA

Paul also had an affliction that was never healed... He said it kept him humble. I understand that.

PM if you need a link to watch.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 04:55:30 am by Sighlass »

Offline verga

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2023, 12:07:20 pm »
Went to see "Renfield". Funny, gory, very dark Comedy. The makeup artist deserves an award for the work he did on Cage. Looked a lot like Bella Lugosi. 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2023, 02:42:48 pm »
The wife and just finished binge-watching The Offer, which is about the making of The Godfather. It was created by Godfather producer Al Ruddy who detailed all the hoops he had to jump through to get the flick made.  A little fiction in the movie but it mostly relates true stories. The stuff about the input from the Mafia, specifically Joe Colombo was news to me. The guy who plays Bob Evans, Brit actor Matthew Goode is outstanding.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2023, 03:53:37 am »
A realistic Swedish movie called "The New Land" from 1972. One of the best realistic movies of early settlers in America. Gritty pioneers, deals with family/greed/religion/Indians/death/Civil War and all in between.  About 3 hours long...

Rating 9/10. Can watch for free... link below, but will not allow stream here.

I have not been able to find the first of the story (struggles in Sweden and trip to America) which was a previous movie.  If someone has a link I would love to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56ioe7mWV48

or can watch at Invidious (commercial free w/ download link)

https://y.com.sb/watch?v=56ioe7mWV48
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 03:58:23 am by Sighlass »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2023, 09:42:41 pm »
 Now binge-watching Dan Duryea flicks. Greatest all time movie villain. I've seen Winchester 73 umpteen times just because of Duryea who is at his slimiest best in the oater.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2023, 10:20:53 pm »
Rewatching “The Good Place” on Netflix

Offline verga

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2023, 09:47:00 am »
Funny show.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2023, 01:05:19 am »
The wife and I finished watching "Rabbit Hole" with Kiefer Sutherland. A complete waste of time. Sutherland is some sort of computer whiz who spies for hire on other corporations.  He gets accused of a murder and goes on the run.
Usually Sutherland is pretty good in anything, but not this. For one thing most of scenes looked like they were filmed at midnight with one dingy candle. You can't hardly see anything that's going on. I don't know what possesses so many modern film and tv series creators to make it almost impossible to see what's going on.
The plot itself is extra confusing.
And, of course, everybody liberally uses the f word in all situations.
I won't give away the ending in case anybody here is watching, but it's one series I wish I never started watching.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2023, 02:26:20 am »
Waiting for June.

Both Manifest”: and “Black Mirror” drop new seasons on Netflix!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2023, 02:42:10 am »
Enjoyed the first few seasons. But it went on way too long. The last season was forced.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2023, 09:47:56 pm »
Just watched FERRY on Netflix.

Choose ENGLISH/ENGLISH SUBTITLES instead of the standard Dutch.

This is in the same genre as LILLYHAMMER, also on Netflix.

4.5 out of 5 popcorns!     :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :pop41:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG6U7gduIwA
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2023, 11:55:47 am »
"The Diplomat" starring Keri Russell (The Americans) it is about a woman who wass supposed to be a diplomat in the middle east. She is transferred to England, with her former diplomat Husband. A British aircrat carrier is attacked at sea by the Russians posing as Iranians trying to provoke WWIII. Very well done.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2023, 12:06:35 pm »
Just watched FERRY on Netflix.

Choose ENGLISH/ENGLISH SUBTITLES instead of the standard Dutch.

This is in the same genre as LILLYHAMMER, also on Netflix.

4.5 out of 5 popcorns!     :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :pop41:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG6U7gduIwA

Lillehammer was a lot of fun. @DCPatriot

@verga i was told to watch “The diplomat” but I am on the fence. I’ll give it a try
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 12:07:31 pm by Gefn »

Offline verga

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2023, 12:12:15 pm »
Lillehammer was a lot of fun. @DCPatriot

@verga i was told to watch “The diplomat” but I am on the fence. I’ll give it a try
@Gefn There is a lot of dropping the F-bomb, and some nudity, but he story is very compelling and highly believable given the current political climate..

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2023, 09:20:48 pm »
O.M.G.!!!!

BLOOD & GOLD...new release on Netflix.

On his way to find his daughter, deserter Henrich is stopped by SS troops and hanged from a tree. Courageous farmer Elsa saves him just in time. United by their common enemy, the two fight for justice and for their families. A thrilling and bloody search for stolen gold treasure begins, revealing bitter secrets along the way. 'Blood & Gold', from acclaimed director Peter Thorwarth, coming to Netflix May 26!

English audio or German audio

:2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDsrUYd2VbE

WARNING!!   Done in the Quentin Tarantino vein. 

PS:  Watch until very end!    :yowsa:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 09:22:05 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald