Author Topic: What are you watching now?...2023  (Read 38934 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: What are you watching now?...2023
« Reply #275 on: December 17, 2023, 07:28:27 am »
Second Season of "Reacher" just let out (well first 3 episodes).

I have have just started episode 2 and looking good so far. The first season was one of my favorite series out a couple years ago.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 07:29:15 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #276 on: December 19, 2023, 12:31:53 am »
Second Season of "Reacher" just let out (well first 3 episodes).

I have have just started episode 2 and looking good so far. The first season was one of my favorite series out a couple years ago.

We are also watching the new “Reacher” episodes. Have enjoyed it.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online corbe

« Reply #277 on: December 19, 2023, 04:17:01 am »
   Since @Texas Robin is a little OCD, ain't we all, and she likes silly comedies, I ordered the complete series of MONK.

*No, it's not a Christmas present for that I got her a brushless 1/4 in drill that will fit her beautiful, small hands for her Art projects.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #278 on: December 19, 2023, 04:21:03 am »
Yeah, I binge watched as many of them as I could a year of so ago. Unfortunately, there seems to be a limited amount of those shows available to watch.
From 1951 to 1959 they filmed 276 episodes. But less than ten percent of the shows are available to view.
Nevertheless, the ones I watched were enjoyable. Jack Webb's dialogues with other characters on the show were always enjoyable and much parodied. Webb made sure that his character, Joe Friday, always got in the last word.
But even Webb wasn't above making fun of his character as he did with a sketch with Johnny Carson on Carson's show one time.
Jack Webb did the original show on radio so you might be interested in listening to some of the radio shows. (Though some were later remade for TV.)

https://archive.org/details/OTRR_Dragnet_Singles
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #279 on: December 19, 2023, 07:40:37 pm »
This past Saturday night I watched "Meet John Doe", the 1941 Frank Capra movie starring Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck. I had seen parts of it years ago, and decided it was time to see the entire thing. It's available for free, with ads, on Tubi. An interesting Christmas movie with lots to say about human decency and the corrupting influence of big business and politics.

I noticed while on Tubi that they have a lot of other classic movies available this month, including "Sergeant York" and many others. I'll be checking more of those out.
Let it burn.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #280 on: December 19, 2023, 08:03:09 pm »
Can anybody confirm that that actress portraying "Joelle" in Netflix's "THE GOLDEN HOUR" is a transvestite?

Throughout the series she wears turtleneck sweaters or tops yet...

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Ghost Bear

« Reply #281 on: December 19, 2023, 08:15:24 pm »
Can anybody confirm that that actress portraying "Joelle" in Netflix's "THE GOLDEN HOUR" is a transvestite?

Throughout the series she wears turtleneck sweaters or tops yet...

According to IMDB the character of Joelle is portrayed by Ellen Parren, an actress from the Netherlands. Nothing that I can find on the web indicates she is anything other than female. I just think they made her look unattractive for the role, since she is better looking in her pictures on IMDB.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #282 on: December 19, 2023, 08:32:48 pm »
According to IMDB the character of Joelle is portrayed by Ellen Parren, an actress from the Netherlands. Nothing that I can find on the web indicates she is anything other than female. I just think they made her look unattractive for the role, since she is better looking in her pictures on IMDB.   :shrug:

@Ghost Bear

Thanks...got that far myself. 

But figured the world in which we live today, if she identifies as a 'woman', a woman she is.  There's no record of her on WIKI...which also raised my suspicions.

Then there's the Obama/Netflix 'agreement'...where every plot/script must contain a certain number of LGTBQ people or scenes...BEFORE they can be considered.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Ghost Bear

« Reply #283 on: December 19, 2023, 08:57:57 pm »
@Ghost Bear

Thanks...got that far myself. 

But figured the world in which we live today, if she identifies as a 'woman', a woman she is.  There's no record of her on WIKI...which also raised my suspicions.

Then there's the Obama/Netflix 'agreement'...where every plot/script must contain a certain number of LGTBQ people or scenes...BEFORE they can be considered.

True, there is no guarantee they wouldn't just scrub all her entries once she transitioned. I did find an entry for her in the Netherlands Wikipedia, here: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_Parren. I don't read Dutch, but it does seem to say her father was American and her mother Dutch, and doesn't appear to mention a transition. But again, that's no guarantee.

In her IMDB pictures at least, it didn't look to me like she has an Adams apple.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #284 on: December 19, 2023, 09:07:53 pm »
Jack Webb did the original show on radio so you might be interested in listening to some of the radio shows. (Though some were later remade for TV.)

https://archive.org/details/OTRR_Dragnet_Singles

@jmyrlefuller

gmta

I actually own a set of all the radio Dragnets
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline berdie

« Reply #285 on: December 20, 2023, 11:21:44 pm »
I signed on to watch the Voice this season, mainly because of Reba. It's not her wheelhouse.

I have only watched one other season (9) but  this reminded me why I don't sign on. Excellent singers but they draw it out soooo long. And praise can be just be said in very few ways.

That being said...the guy I wanted to win...did.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #286 on: December 21, 2023, 01:30:47 am »
Just started viewing "The Pacific" on Netflix. It is about WW-2 in the Pacific,and mostly focuses on the USMC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2023, 05:34:59 am »
Never watched NCIS.  Been binge watching it on Netflix.  Up to Season 12.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #288 on: December 21, 2023, 09:08:12 pm »
The latest episode of Maury. Man, things have gone downhill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udq751WTNy4
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline verga

« Reply #289 on: December 21, 2023, 10:00:08 pm »
Vergette and I are Binging the old Frasier series.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2023, 01:32:03 am »
Watching the BBC’s 1995 Pride & Prejudice series. It’s the best. Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle are the consummate Miss Bennett and Mr Darcy.
(Hubby doesn’t much care for it. It’s a girl thing.)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 01:34:23 am by deb »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2023, 02:04:46 am »
Watching the BBC’s 1995 Pride & Prejudice series. It’s the best. Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle are the consummate Miss Bennett and Mr Darcy.
(Hubby doesn’t much care for it. It’s a girl thing.)

Much preferred Matthew Macfadyen and Kiera Knightley.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #292 on: December 23, 2023, 03:39:48 am »
Much preferred Matthew Macfadyen and Kiera Knightley.

Nooooo!  happy77

I love the soundtrack from the movie, but as far as fidelity to Jane Austin’s masterpiece, I much prefer the series. Not to mention the pond scene.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 03:58:28 am by deb »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2023, 04:10:09 am »
I just started watching "All the Light We Can  See" on Netflix tonight. It is about a little girl,maybe 10 or 11 years old,who is living alone in a French city occupied by the Nazi's. Evidentially,her father went somewhere several years earlier,and never returned,so she is living by herself with  the aid/support of a few neighbors,waiting  for him to  return.

There is a flash-back scene in episode 1 that shows how her father was teaching her how to live with being blind and still be out and about,dealing with people and living life. He also got her a shortwave radio,and taught her how to use it so she could communicate with  others outside of the house.

To keep  herself busy,she reads a braille book over her shortwave radio every night. While doing so,she adds messages to the resistance into  some of her broadcasts. Because of this the Nazi's are trying to track down the source of her radio broadcasts.

I should also  mention the character she  portrays is blind,and this just might be some of the very best acting I have  ever seen. Her eyes seem to be solid brown with no irises in them,which leads  me to suspect she is wearing contacts. I can't  even begin to imagine how she  or anyone else with  normal sight can portray a blind girl so perfectly otherwise.

She just may be one  of the most amazing actresses I have ever seen. She really has me believing she might actually  be blind,which would be impossible given the complexity of her dialogue and how hard it would be to memorize all of that.

I really can't praise her acting ability too much.

I am still on episode 1,season 1,and this one appears to be a serious winner on several levels. Gonna be SERIOUSLY pissed if the Nazi's end up finding and executing her character.

Even if this happens,I am going to take note  of her stage name/real name,and keep  an eye out for future roles she will play.

BTW,she APPEARS to be younger than 8 years old. Might even pass for 4 years old,but there is no way anyone that young can do what she does so well.

UPDATE!

She APPEARS to be younger than 8  years old in some of the early "flashback scenes",and that little actress is a jewel in her own right. How anyone that young can memorize script and perform is a freaking mystery to me.

This takes nothing  away  from the teen/young female actress who plays the teen/adult role.

This  really is some of the best acting and best "Story telling" I can remember viewing in a long time.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 05:48:48 pm by sneakypete »

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #295 on: December 24, 2023, 01:33:02 am »
The Best Of: Jeff Dunham's A Very Special Christmas Special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNwJEh8sTTI
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #296 on: December 24, 2023, 02:53:54 pm »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #297 on: December 24, 2023, 02:58:26 pm »
I haven't seen it yet, but "Maestro" with Bradley Cooper just dropped on Netflix.

It has a lot of Oscar buzz, I do plan on watching it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #298 on: December 24, 2023, 05:51:59 pm »
The Best Of: Jeff Dunham's A Very Special Christmas Special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNwJEh8sTTI

@libertybele

Was he banned or blacklisted from tv? I remember seeing him in various shows and specials for a while,and suddenly,he just seemed to disappear.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #299 on: December 24, 2023, 10:42:16 pm »
Tonight:
"A Charlie Brown Christmas"
followed a little later by
"Night of the Meek" Twilight Zone with Art Carney as a department store Santa who wants to be something better than what he is.

Tomorrow night:
"Scrooge" the great 1951 film with Alistair Sim.