Author Topic: McCarthy says he’s forming bipartisan group to write lawmaker code of conduct following Omar vote  (Read 299 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy says he’s forming bipartisan group to write lawmaker code of conduct following Omar vote
by Mychael Schnell - 02/02/23 5:53 PM ET

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Thursday said he is tasking a bipartisan group of lawmakers with writing a code of conduct for House members, after representatives of both parties expressed concerns about removing members from congressional committees.

His announcement came minutes after House Republicans voted to kick Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) off the Foreign Affairs panel as a rebuke for previous comments that were labeled by some Republicans as antisemitic. The vote was 218-211 along party lines with one lawmaker, Rep. David Joyce (R-Ohio), voting “present.”

“I’m going to put a group of Democrats that [House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.)] will select and a group of Republicans, and we’ll work to come and clarify the rules and pass something for not only this Congress but future Congresses as well,” McCarthy told reporters during a press conference.

The House already has a code of conduct included in its rules, though the terms are vague, largely focusing on financial regulations. It also says members must “behave at all times in a manner that shall reflect creditably on the House.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3841790-mccarthy-says-hes-forming-bipartisan-group-to-write-lawmaker-code-of-conduct-following-omar-vote/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I got to give pretty high marks to McCarthy for the 1st month.  Yeah, he got bloodied in his Speaker election, but he has fought the fight, and bootng these turds off the Intelligence Committee is something we wouldn't have seen in our capitualating prior leadership.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline BellyAche

This does make sense. You'd think that a certain "code of conduct" would be common sense for most, but many are just rogue in how they behave, on their particular "soap boxes" and disrupting the tasks at hand.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This does make sense. You'd think that a certain "code of conduct" would be common sense for most, but many are just rogue in how they behave, on their particular "soap boxes" and disrupting the tasks at hand.

I don't know.  Seeing an incestial  muzzie plant and Fang Fang's Boy Toy get clipped in a manner of 48 hours was pretty dang satisfying.

And even more satisfying is that if we have systems in place to keep it from happening again. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Congressional code of conduct?

Congress is chock full o' thieving lawyers.  No code will stop their cocaine fueled orgies.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Polly Ticks

I got to give pretty high marks to McCarthy for the 1st month.  Yeah, he got bloodied in his Speaker election, but he has fought the fight, and bootng these turds off the Intelligence Committee is something we wouldn't have seen in our capitualating prior leadership.

He has definitely been better than I thought he would be, at least so far.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
He has definitely been better than I thought he would be, at least so far.

I might be a just a little too optimistic, but I think we are seeing the beginning of the reversal of the trends of where conservatives, and moderates for that matter are coweing in fear to woke causes and factions.

The anger and indignaton from the squad yesterday amounted to a 3 year old tantrum after being told for once in your life you are not going to get your way.