Author Topic: Senate Intel. Chair Warner: ‘My Patience Is Running Thin’ with Biden over TikTok, The Review’s Laste  (Read 278 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Intel. Chair Warner: ‘My Patience Is Running Thin’ with Biden over TikTok, The Review’s Lasted over Two Years

Ian Hanchett 2 Feb 2023

On Thursday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Claman Countdown,” Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) stated that his “patience is running thin” with the Biden administration and TikTok and noted that the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) has been reviewing TikTok for two years.

Warner said, “I’ve been raising concerns about TikTok for months, and let’s go into the two concerns I have: One, the amount of data that TikTok is collecting — since so many of our users are our kids — on our kids that that data resides in China. And even though TikTok has said that’s not the case, there have been constant examples where it has been proven that Chinese engineers are still getting access to that data. The second piece is frankly, Liz, more concerning to me…the algorithms that drive what you see very much [are] controlled by the TikTok leadership. And my concern since every company in China now has to owe its first allegiance, not to shareholders or customers, but to the Communist Party, that they could — the Communist Party could say, well, we don’t want to show any videos that are [at] all flattering to Taiwan, or we want to make sure any video about Taiwan only shows Taiwan as part of China. So, the ability to use this as a misinformation or propaganda piece is huge.”

He added, “I think we need a legal basis, most likely in [the] Commerce Department, that would give this ability to look at these applications and foreign technology from a national security standpoint and give that entity the tools to limit, or in certain cases ban, foreign technology security applications. The thing is that we’re doing it ad hoc at this point. We need to get ahead of this, rather than what we’ve been doing, for example, with Huawei and now with TikTok, chasing after the fact.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/02/02/senate-intel-chair-warner-my-patience-is-running-thin-with-biden-over-tiktok-the-reviews-lasted-over-two-years/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

CNN rushes to TikTok's defense from Senator Mark Warner (D) after he points out "Chinese law trumps anything that the corporate management wants to do" in forcing them to give the CCP data, claiming he's focused on "fears" when "there is no public evidence" it's spied on people.

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1638878189354356736
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
yAH GOTTA WAIT UNTIL jANET rENO FINISHES HER PROMISED INVESTIGATIONS UNDER SLICK WILLY!
 :silly: :tongue2: :media: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :laughingdog: :dumpster:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mountaineer

Rep. Walberg: "Today, do ByteDance employees in Beijing have access to American data?"

TikTok CEO: "Yes, the Chinese engineers do have access to global data."

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/status/1638933699277324295