Author Topic: Intellectual Climate Debate: The Alarmists are Alarmed  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Intellectual Climate Debate: The Alarmists are Alarmed
« on: February 03, 2023, 12:53:22 pm »
Intellectual Climate Debate: The Alarmists are Alarmed
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- January 18, 2023

“… the self-professed expert class and many who call themselves journalists dismiss anyone who questions their Covid vaccine orthodoxy as an ‘anti-vaxxer’—a label as sneering as ‘climate denier’.” [“‘Experts’ Are Fueling Distrust in Vaccines,” Allysia Finley, Wall Street Journal (January 9, 2023)

Everyone likes competition for the things they buy but not for the things they sell. Climate alarmists are selling, and many of us are urging the public not to buy—with success. That has caused an uptick in censorship tricks by the activist Left.

Witness YouTube censoring an interview by the Heartland Institute with esteemed climatologist Judith Curry. Both sides understand that a fair and open debate on climate change exposes the exaggeration and neuters the alarmism–and debate over wind/solar/batteries exposes the hypocrisy of those claiming to have the green, living space in mind.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson