Author Topic: February Fantasy Redux  (Read 115 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
February Fantasy Redux
« on: February 03, 2023, 12:41:33 pm »
February Fantasy Redux

Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

This is an extension of my previous post entitled “February Fantasy Versus Reality“. Please read that to get the basic ideas. To recap, a study in Science magazine said

Despite the rapid warming that is the cardinal signature of global climate change, especially in the Arctic, where temperatures are rising much more than elsewhere in the world, the United States and other regions of the Northern Hemisphere have experienced a conspicuous and increasingly frequent number of episodes of extremely cold winter weather over the past four decades.

The Arctic is warming at a rate twice the global average and severe winter weather is reported to be increasing across many heavily populated mid-latitude regions, but there is no agreement on whether a physical link exists between the two phenomena.”

To test this claim of increasing “severe winter weather”, in my previous post I looked at the average February temperature of the continental US to see if it was cooling. It hasn’t been cooling.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/02/01/february-fantasy-redux/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson