Author Topic: US Wins Expanded Access to Philippine Bases Amid China Tensions  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Wins Expanded Access to Philippine Bases Amid China Tensions
« on: February 03, 2023, 12:27:23 pm »
US Wins Expanded Access to Philippine Bases Amid China Tensions
Story by Andreo Calonzo and Cecilia Yap • Yesterday 3:16 AM

(Bloomberg) -- The US secured access to more Philippine military bases, clearing the way for a greater American presence in the Asia-Pacific region as tensions with China over Taiwan and the South China Sea persist.

The announcement Thursday of a plan to designate four new locations in “strategic areas” where the US will have expanded access didn’t mention China. Instead, it said the new sites — to be identified later — “will allow more rapid support for humanitarian and climate-related disasters in the Philippines, and respond to other shared challenges.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-wins-expanded-access-to-philippine-bases-amid-china-tensions/ar-AA171ehd?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1885f595781841c08c087c2940f83781
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Wins Expanded Access to Philippine Bases Amid China Tensions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 12:28:03 pm »
One has to be Pubic Bay! :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson