Author Topic: Matt Gaetz urges colleagues to abolish the ATF before it strips Americans of gun rights: 'Cannot be  (Read 794 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Fox News By Lawrence Richard 2/2/2023

Matt Gaetz urges colleagues to abolish the ATF before it strips Americans of gun rights: 'Cannot be trusted'

Rep. Gaetz called the ATF an 'unlawful agency' and urged his colleagues to help eliminate it 'once and for all'

Rep. Matt Gaetz is calling on his colleagues to support a bill that would abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), a law enforcement agency that operates under the Department of Justice, after its latest guidance that restricts the ownership of gun components.

During a speech on the floor of the House chamber Wednesday, Gaetz, a Republican from Florida, said the bureau "cannot be trusted" and that it was ultimately seeking to strip Americans of their Second Amendment right to privately own firearms.

"The ATF cannot be trusted to protect our right to keep and bear arms," Gaetz said. "There is no timeline where the ATF, under any administration, would become an ally [to gun owners]. It needs to go, we need to abolish the ATF before they abolish our Second Amendment rights."

The comments came after the ATF announced it would treat pistols with stabilizing accessories like short-barreled rifles, which require a federal license to own under the National Firearms Act.

More: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/matt-gaetz-urges-colleagues-abolish-atf-before-strips-americans-gun-rights

American Firearms Association
@2A_Freedom
.@RepMattGaetzFL

: "The ATF cannot be trusted, it needs to go, we need to Abolish the ATF before they abolish our Second Amendment rights."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1620940691491721224
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 11:56:47 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Matt Gaetz urges colleagues to abolish the ATF before it strips Americans of gun rights: 'Cannot be trusted'
Fox News, Feb 2, 2023

Rep. Matt Gaetz is calling on his colleagues to support a bill that would abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), a law enforcement agency that operates under the Department of Justice, after its latest guidance that restricts the ownership of gun components.

During a speech on the floor of the House chamber Wednesday, Gaetz, a Republican from Florida, said the bureau "cannot be trusted" and that it was ultimately seeking to strip Americans of their Second Amendment right to privately own firearms.

"The ATF cannot be trusted to protect our right to keep and bear arms," Gaetz said. "There is no timeline where the ATF, under any administration, would become an ally [to gun owners]. It needs to go, we need to abolish the ATF before they abolish our Second Amendment rights."

Gaetz’s bill, H.R.374, the "Abolish the ATF Act," simply reads: "The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives is hereby abolished." It has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.

"I urge every red-blooded American and every conservative in this Congress to stand with Rep. Andrew Clyde [R-GA] and his legislation and to stand with me and to co-sponsor my bill, the Abolist the ATF Act of 2023. Let’s get rid of this unlawful agency once and for all," the Floridian said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/matt-gaetz-urges-colleagues-abolish-atf-before-strips-americans-gun-rights?intcmp=tw_fnc

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The ATF should be a booze and sporting goods store....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

ATF is under DOJ?  Didn't it used to be under Treasury?

ATF shouldn't be under DOJ.  That's too much enforcement power in a single agency.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The ATF should be a booze and sporting goods store....

That's what Gaetz said, too.   :laugh:

Offline Kamaji

ATF shouldn't be under DOJ.  That's too much enforcement power in a single agency.

It used to be under Treasury - it was moved to DOJ under Bush as part of the (over)reaction to 9/11.

Offline mountaineer

So many three-letter agencies should be eliminated.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mod5

Offline bilo

He is so right.

I hope more and more Pubs wake up and start cutting the funding for a lot of agencies, especially those that don't comply with subpoenas or "slow walk" documents.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
You can't stop the ATF, brown shirts, The KGB FBI or the KGB CIA, not the Democrat owned and controlled IRS.  Get out of your dream world, the rose color glasses have severely faded.  Fools want a gulag run society, and Constitutions free, gun free land, also free of prosperity and free speech.
You fought so hard for it, almost there?  Then after getting your way, turn and blame God for it
Eldridge Cleaver: Burn bABY BURN!  Nero; burn baby too!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Foodless society coming too!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The ATF can't strip us of an unalienable right.

We still have our rights no matter what the Government says.

What we would be stripped of, should some there get their way, is the ability to exercise that right.

It may seem like splitting hairs, but it makes a difference. Rights don't go away because the Government is wrong.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Works for me!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DefiantMassRINO

Now that you mention it,I do believe you are right.

[/b]

You can bet everything you own that if this continues they will become the DOJ "shooters".

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It used to be under Treasury - it was moved to DOJ under Bush as part of the (over)reaction to 9/11.

@Kamaji

Boy Jorge was the jackass that made stupidity and drunkenness acceptable for Presidents.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

He is so right.

I hope more and more Pubs wake up and start cutting the funding for a lot of agencies, especially those that don't comply with subpoenas or "slow walk" documents.

@bilo

Yes,he is. Besides putting the anti-American agencies out of power,look at how much money that can be sent back to the Treasury once these political hacks are put out of work and the agency that paid them is also closed down.

Of course I know the money won't go back to the Treasury. Some conniving pols will steal it before it ever gets back "home",but with the Dims out of power there is a slight chance they might get arrested and put in prison where they belong.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
[/b]

You can bet everything you own that if this continues they will become the DOJ "shooters".
Yeah, they've been loose cannons since they shot Kenyon Ballew.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis