Author Topic: Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US  (Read 11245 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2023, 04:27:00 pm »
Hoodat
@Hoodat
·
1m
NBC News: @mystery-ak needs to follow instructions and stay off her computer.

:beer:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2023, 04:32:58 pm »
‘SHOOT DOWN THE BALLOON!’: Trump Calls for Chinese Spy Balloon to Be Shot Down

Former President Donald Trump is calling for the Chinese spy balloon floating over the United States to be shot down.

“SHOOT DOWN THE BALLOON!” Trump posted on Truth Social Friday morning, after the Pentagon confirmed Thursday evening that a Chinese spy balloon had been floating over the U.S. for several days.

More-  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/02/03/shoot-down-the-balloon-trump-calls-for-chinese-spy-balloon-to-be-shot-down/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2023, 04:40:44 pm »
Anyone else singing 99 Luftballons? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2023, 05:05:20 pm »
Sure it is.  And they no doubt just somehow "forgot" to obtain permission to scientifically research in U.S. airspace.

Shoot the %$@*# thing down already.

Heard opinion this morning...if we shoot it down, they could begin to destroy Elon Musk's satellites, etc..
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2023, 05:06:20 pm »
Looks like the moon and is the size of 3 school buses. Kamala must be orgasmic.
John Steinbeck

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2023, 05:14:51 pm »
Looks like the moon and is the size of 3 school buses. Kamala must be orgasmic.

I don't know what level of camera resolution of these Chicom balloon devices have, but I think every American being flown over needs to go out in their yard, look up in the sky,  and flip them off. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2023, 05:17:59 pm »
Heard opinion this morning...if we shoot it down, they could begin to destroy Elon Musk's satellites, etc..

What a choice !!!!!!

Look weak and feckless or piss off  the Chicoms into starting some shit.

Do they even have technology that'll  blow satellites out of orbit?

My point is, if we cave now....   We'll never stop.

I say drop that bubble with a drone when it is over an unpopulated area.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 05:55:36 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2023, 05:52:01 pm »

It is in our airspace.
John Steinbeck

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2023, 05:54:47 pm »
Just blind the damned thing and be done with it.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2023, 05:55:45 pm »
Apropos of the balloon, satellites, and space generally, an article from 2007 on the vertical limits of sovereignity:  https://scholar.smu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1126&context=jalc

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2023, 05:59:43 pm »
Apropos of the balloon, satellites, and space generally, an article from 2007 on the vertical limits of sovereignity:  https://scholar.smu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1126&context=jalc

Thanks for the reminder of what I used to hate about my graduate Environmental Law classes....

Leave to lawyers to bloviate 120 pages in what should encapsulated into 2.  Lawyers and Engineers should not be in the same room,,,,,,  ever!!!!!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2023, 06:07:22 pm »
Did we learning nothing from 9/11?

Any and all undentified, unauthorized craft in American air space should be blown out of the sky.

////00000////

If the Chi-coms threaten retaliation, US should threaten to have the next season of "Jersey Shore" shot in Bejing.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 06:32:43 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2023, 06:07:45 pm »
Thanks for the reminder of what I used to hate about my graduate Environmental Law classes....

Leave to lawyers to bloviate 120 pages in what should encapsulated into 2.  Lawyers and Engineers should not be in the same room,,,,,,  ever!!!!!

Pleasure to help!

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2023, 06:09:14 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

We are allowing the balloon to complete its spy mission across the continental United States

Insider Paper
@TheInsiderPaper
·45m

BREAKING: Pentagon says that the Chinese surveillance balloon will probably be over the United States for a few days

12:48 PM · Feb 3, 2023

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2023, 06:12:42 pm »
Insider Paper
@TheInsiderPaper

JUST IN - Pentagon says "it will not discuss exact position of China balloon, people can look up in the sky"

12:23 PM · Feb 3, 2023

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2023, 06:15:53 pm »
Mary Walsh
@CBSWalsh

US official tells @CBSDavidMartin Chinese surveillance balloon is now over "the middle of the country." That has never happened before; previous overflight were a brief one over Florida & others over Hawaii & Guam

11:45 AM · Feb 3, 2023

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2023, 06:18:26 pm »
Mary Walsh
@CBSWalsh

The Chinese surveillance balloon is at approx 60,000 feet & continues to move east; is also has the ability to maneuver - @PentagonPresSec

12:09 PM · Feb 3, 2023

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2023, 06:20:29 pm »
Mary Walsh
@CBSWalsh

US official tells @CBSDavidMartin Chinese surveillance balloon is now over "the middle of the country." That has never happened before; previous overflight were a brief one over Florida & others over Hawaii & Guam

11:45 AM · Feb 3, 2023

Thought it was over Montana....

At least its starting to get into range.

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2023, 06:22:35 pm »
Mary Walsh
@CBSWalsh

Pentagon refusing to give out exact location of PRC balloon: we're not going to get into an hour by hour location; Asked if public has right to know where it is @PentagonPresSec says public has the ability to look up into the sky to see the balloon

12:15 PM · Feb 3, 2023

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2023, 06:23:42 pm »
Mary Walsh
@CBSWalsh

The Chinese surveillance balloon is at approx 60,000 feet & continues to move east; is also has the ability to maneuver - @PentagonPresSec

12:09 PM · Feb 3, 2023

Hmmm...  Manueverable balloon?

Sounds a bit more technologically advanced than I. thought.  Is the Pentagon certain this thing isn't propelling air borne pathogens or some other nefarious substance?  I don't trust the f'ers.

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2023, 06:24:08 pm »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2023, 06:27:25 pm »
Do they even have technology that'll  blow satellites out of orbit?

Yes, as do we.  But there is no justification for destroying orbiting satellites in regard to a balloon in US airspace.  Nor has China even threatened that.  Someone in our government is making up weak-ass excuses to cover for their cowardly inaction.

My point is, if we cave now....   We'll never stop.

That's the gist of it.  Through half a century in government, there is not a single instance where Joe Biden made the correct call when it comes to foreign policy.  Not a single one.

I say drop that bubble with a drone when it is over an unpopulated area.

We should have dropped it the second China denied it was theirs.  And we should have done it with a space-based laser just to show China what we are capable of.  That way, they would have nothing to protest.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2023, 06:29:13 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

We are allowing the balloon to complete its spy mission across the continental United States

Yep, that is the gist of it.  Their camera technology is not good enough to get close-up photos of missile silos from space, so they had to find a way to get the camera closer.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2023, 06:38:45 pm »
Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert

US officials have admitted that they were monitoring the Chinese spy balloon since it flew over the Aleutian Islands.

So, we didn't shoot the balloon down over water and instead let it enter our continental airspace?

12:32 PM · Feb 3, 2023

Offline Idiot

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2023, 06:44:31 pm »
I'm thinking the Chicoms are floating a trial balloon.  happy77 happy77 happy77