Author Topic: Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US  (Read 11319 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US
« Reply #250 on: February 05, 2023, 11:22:49 pm »
A Fishrrman totally-speculative speculation™:

The only reason the Chinese balloon was shot down at all, was because it was "publicly-discovered" and a huge brouhaha arose about it.

IF it had not been so discovered by the media and the public -- even though its presence was (obviously) "seen" by the military, NORAD, and other intelligence agencies -- it would have been permitted to pass over the country and back out to sea unmolested.

Per order of the "administration"...

I said something like this to Mrs. LMAO

I suspect this is the case
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2023, 12:26:10 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2023, 02:36:31 am »

Clinton, Obama, Biden all big on releasing terrorists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2023, 02:40:40 am »
Clinton, Obama, Biden all big on releasing terrorists.

When few will notice.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2023, 03:35:58 am »
@Hoodat

I am NOT doubting your word for a minute,but how would you manage to pump that ice water under pressure when it is as cold as the upper-level atmosphere?

Maybe more betta to put a few 50 cal or 22 mm cannon shells through the balloon,and let it sink to the bottom of the sea wherever it hits?
Operational ceilings get to be a problem. Only the F-15 operates at 65,000 ft. The F-22 has a stated ceiling of only 60,000. You'd have to fly above it to make a gun run, because of bullet drop.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2023, 05:31:06 am »
Operational ceilings get to be a problem. Only the F-15 operates at 65,000 ft. The F-22 has a stated ceiling of only 60,000. You'd have to fly above it to make a gun run, because of bullet drop.

@Smokin Joe

There won't be any bullet drop where there is no gravity.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2023, 06:32:16 am »
@Smokin Joe

There won't be any bullet drop where there is no gravity.
If there wasn't gravity up there, they wouldn't need wings to stay aloft (the planes). If you can free fall from there, there's gravity.

There is a plus, however, air resistance is seriously lowered (which is why the engines tend to flame out above the operational ceilings the atmosphere is thin). What that does to the ballistic coefficient of the projectiles, i don't know, but it might make targeting more difficult, and the gun run would have to be like strafing (a nearly static target), not like getting behind a moving fighter.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2023, 07:15:13 am »
If there wasn't gravity up there, they wouldn't need wings to stay aloft (the planes). If you can free fall from there, there's gravity.

Well,they need the wings to take off,land,and fly/revenuer where there is gravity.
There is a plus, however, air resistance is seriously lowered (which is why the engines tend to flame out above the operational ceilings the atmosphere is thin).

I hadn't even thought of that.

What that does to the ballistic coefficient of the projectiles, i don't know, but it might make targeting more difficult, and the gun run would have to be like strafing (a nearly static target), not like getting behind a moving fighter.

I don't have the first clue about any of that.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #258 on: February 14, 2023, 02:36:18 pm »
Chinese balloon censors recovered from ocean, US says
by Conrad Hoyt, Overnight News Editor |
February 14, 2023 05:50 AM

The United States says it has recovered key sensors from the suspected Chinese spy balloon just over a week after the Navy sent divers down to salvage the wreckage.

Search crews found "significant debris from the site, including all of the priority sensor and electronics pieces identified," the U.S. Northern Command said, per BBC News.

The Pentagon announced the salvage operation on Feb. 4 after the balloon was shot down. U.S. officials have been interested in recovering the wreckage in order to assess China's spying capabilities and see if the balloon used any U.S. technology, an official familiar with the matter told Bloomberg. The government expected to find advanced sensors and high-quality photographic equipment, he added.

China has denied that the balloon was for spying purposes, adamantly claiming instead that it was for monitoring the weather and just happened to drift off course. The U.S. has since shot down three more aerial objects over its own airspace or Canada's, but there have been no links to them being Chinese.

Navy sailors assigned to Assault Craft Unit 4 worked to prepare the material recovered off of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and transport it to the FBI to be investigated, per the Associated Press.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/chinese-balloon-censors-recovered-from-ocean
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2023, 08:52:03 pm »

The United States says it has recovered key sensors from the suspected Chinese spy balloon just over a week after the Navy sent divers down to salvage the wreckage.

Search crews found "significant debris from the site, including all of the priority sensor and electronics pieces identified," the U.S. Northern Command said, per BBC News.

The Pentagon announced the salvage operation on Feb. 4 after the balloon was shot down. U.S. officials have been interested in recovering the wreckage in order to assess China's spying capabilities and see if the balloon used any U.S. technology, an official familiar with the matter told Bloomberg. The government expected to find advanced sensors and high-quality photographic equipment, he added.

China has denied that the balloon was for spying purposes, adamantly claiming instead that it was for monitoring the weather and just happened to drift off course. The U.S. has since shot down three more aerial objects over its own airspace or Canada's, but there have been no links to them being Chinese.

Navy sailors assigned to Assault Craft Unit 4 worked to prepare the material recovered off of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and transport it to the FBI to be investigated, per the Associated Press.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/chinese-balloon-censors-recovered-from-ocean
Interesting to note they recovered "censors" instead of "sensors".

Were there former Twitter employees, FBI, or Fecebook folks on board?

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2023, 09:00:06 pm »
What is really sad is that I don't believe a dang word any of them are saying.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2023, 09:08:12 pm »

Agree 100%.  There is nothing the biden admin has stated since they usurped power that I believe as true.

They've shared nothing but bald faced lies at every facet.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2023, 09:18:46 pm »

:amen: Sister!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2023, 10:29:53 pm »

@mystery-ak

MY best guess is that NO ONE in the Pentagram or the DNC is EVER going to talk about how many of the electronics were stamped "Made in America."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #264 on: February 14, 2023, 10:46:57 pm »
Listen to the full question   :facepalm2:

Q: “If it turns out that the President and Mr. Trudeau sent Top Gun fighters to blow weather balloons out of the sky, does the President regret that, and is he embarrassed by that?”

Karine Jean-Pierre: “We just don't know yet.” (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1625595484265152513