Author Topic: Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US  (Read 11719 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2023, 03:31:48 pm »
Considering Elon Musk has the people who could make sure nothing China put in space would last more than a few orbits, I think they'd be best off to think long and hard about that.

@Smokin Joe

It seems a surprising number of our politicians don't do any thinking until the deposit slips are delivered. The money talks,and tells them what to do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2023, 03:41:12 pm »

The Ukraine War has put the brakes on that.  China is witnessing the failures of the Russian Army against a bunch of "drug addicts and nazis" (as Putin describes them).  And China knows their military operates the same way as Russia's. Where before they might have tried to take Taiwan, now they are making a more honest assessment of their capabilities and discovering their shortcomings.

Over history, China has been able to amass huge fleets of ships.  But these fleets have never achieved any significant conquests by invasion.

We've all seen Chinese troops marching by the thousands in perfect synchronization...angle of head/face...angle of bayonets.  They march as one organism.

The USA military is incapable of even drumming that mentality into the typical recruit. 

It's tantamount to Barishnikov vs. Abbott and Costello Meet The Mummy.   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2023, 03:57:15 pm »

We've all seen Chinese troops marching by the thousands in perfect synchronization...angle of head/face...angle of bayonets.  They march as one organism.

They also die as one organism.  Over half a million Chinese casualties in Korea from marching thousands directly into enemy fire.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2023, 04:02:33 pm »
They also die as one organism.  Over half a million Chinese casualties in Korea from marching thousands directly into enemy fire.

Saw a keeper post the other day...

Everybody should hurry and get their children to read/speak Mandarin.

...and the very first words: "Please don't shoot my parents!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2023, 04:08:43 pm »

The USA military is incapable of even drumming that mentality into the typical recruit. 

It's tantamount to Barishnikov vs. Abbott and Costello Meet The Mummy.   happy77

@DCPatriot

I think the British proved that wearing red and marching in a straight line went out of style with the invention of water-cooled machine guns.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2023, 04:12:30 pm »

@Hoodat

That is a win/win situation for them. They either gain new crop land and industries,or they have fewer mouths to feed.

You can be SURE that none of the children of the leadership are marching in those straight lines.

BTW,not even all the soldiers marching in those straight lines are armed. The ones in the rear ranks march into  battle unarmed,and are supposed to become armed by picking up the weapons dropped by the soldiers in the lead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2023, 04:12:38 pm »

@DCPatriot

I think the British proved that wearing red and marching in a straight line went out of style with the invention of water-cooled machine guns.
Actually, the Pennsylvania and Kentucky rifles in the hands of folks who used them for defense and to provide meat proved the undoing of the British marching in lines (especially when their officers were targeted).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2023, 04:16:54 pm »

@DCPatriot

@sneakypete

Come now... you know full well I'm speaking of self-discipline and achieving absolute perfection.  Remember Beijing's Olympic opening ceremony?

Be. Very. Afraid.

Online DB

« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2023, 05:10:43 pm »

You want people who can think and adjust to the situation. Not mindless synchronized zombies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2023, 05:10:59 pm »
Jimmy Quinn
@james_t_quinn

Bloomberg reports that the White House kept the balloon’s presence under wraps for fear of derailing the Blinken trip, until local media in Billings Montana published a picture of it on Thursday afternoon.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-02-04/from-china-to-big-sky-the-balloon-that-unnerved-the-white-house

11:32 PM · Feb 3, 2023

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2023, 05:13:22 pm »

https://twitter.com/Apoctoz/status/1621895579788877831

I can't stop laughing much less playing it over and over.

I am thinking this balloon and Joe wil be forever linked in meme.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2023, 05:15:43 pm »
Paul Sperry
@paulsperry_

BREAKING: Chinese spy balloon now spotted over Charlotte, NC., where several high-altitude jet contrails have been reported. NC is home to a number of key US military installations, inclg Marine Camp Lejeune near the coast & Fort Bragg near Fayetteville, home of the 82nd Airborne

10:32 AM · Feb 4, 2023

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2023, 05:18:37 pm »
Paul Sperry
@paulsperry_

BREAKING: Chinese spy balloon now spotted over Charlotte, NC., where several high-altitude jet contrails have been reported. NC is home to a number of key US military installations, inclg Marine Camp Lejeune near the coast & Fort Bragg near Fayetteville, home of the 82nd Airborne

10:32 AM · Feb 4, 2023

Our government better damned well bring this thing down and confiscate it after it goes off shore.

If not, the public outcry will be deafening.  Even the libs are screaming.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2023, 05:19:44 pm »
You want people who can think and adjust to the situation. Not mindless synchronized zombies.

Okay... "Uncle!!"  Damnit.

...must be something in TBR's water supply or something.    :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OlZ_5QHnq8

« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2023, 05:23:25 pm »
zerohedge
@zerohedge

Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Spotted Over North Carolina; US Might Shoot It Down Over Atlantic

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/suspected-chinese-spy-balloon-spotted-over-north-carolina-us-might-shoot-it-down-over

10:30 AM · Feb 4, 2023

« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2023, 05:26:24 pm »
Paul Sperry
@paulsperry_

BREAKING: The Chinese spy craft has been reported flying as low as 35,000 feet and potentially in the path of commercial passenger jets above a number of states, alarming the FAA, according to federal aviation security sources

11:40 AM · Feb 4, 2023

« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2023, 05:30:17 pm »
Election Wizard 🇺🇸
@ElectionWiz
·44m

GASTONIA, N.C. — North Carolina police urge residents not to take ‘potshots’ at Chinese spy balloon

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2023, 05:32:28 pm »
I doubt any of my little popguns can shoot 35,000+ feet in the air, but I can assure you that if I did have the firepower, shooting it down accidentally (of course) would not be out of the question.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2023, 05:36:56 pm »
Yeah, I doubt it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2023, 05:45:07 pm »
I'm looking at flightradar24.com, and a couple of military stratotankers are roaming around the coast of S.Car.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2023, 05:47:42 pm »
Yeah, I doubt it.

Nice! Shoot it down after it has transmitted all the information it has gathered.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2023, 05:49:56 pm »
Something fishy is going on.  Friday, Biden flies from DC to Philadelphia, and then Philadelphia to Delaware.  Today he flies from Delaware to Syracuse, NY, visits a "local stop" (no press), and then flies to Camp David.  And Hunter is with him, flying on Air Force One.
---------------------
Update: Biden travelling to Syracuse for the funeral of his first wife's brother.  Still doesn't explain the Delaware stop, though.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 05:53:23 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2023, 05:50:03 pm »
Inconvenient Truths by Jennifer Zeng 曾錚真言
@jenniferzeng97
Explosive discovery!
Producer of #ChineseSpyBalloon, China Zhuzhou Rubber Research & Design Institute  (中国化工株洲橡胶研究设计院有限公司), is a government-owned military research institute with weapon production licenses.
Full report & evidence: https://t.co/jSCUmPdmgY
11:15 AM · Feb 4, 2023

« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2023, 05:56:50 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Shooting down the balloon *after* it completes it’s mission is exactly what you’d expect Biden to do if he needed to ask Xi’s permission first

12:45 PM · Feb 4, 2023