Author Topic: AOC funneled cash to Chinese foreign agent for campaign ads  (Read 487 times)

Online mountaineer

AOC funneled cash to Chinese foreign agent for campaign ads
« on: February 02, 2023, 09:24:55 pm »
AOC funneled cash to Chinese foreign agent for campaign ads
During her bid for reelection in 2022, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez paid for advertising in a newspaper registered as a Chinese foreign agent.
Feb. 2, 2023
Jarryd Jaeger
It has been revealed that during her bid for reelection in 2022, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez paid for campaign advertising in a newspaper registered as a Chinese foreign agent.

The Department of Justice deemed Sing Tao Newspapers, the US subsidiary of Hong Kong-based Sing Tao News Corporation, to be too pro-Beijing and forced it to register as a foreign agent in August 2021, according to Fox News.

Ocasio-Cortez's campaign shelled out nearly $1,500 for advertisements in the Chinese-language paper, which publishes in New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. The decision to work with Sing Tao was made long after the DOJ had classified it as a foreign agent.

Fellow Democrats Reps. Kevin Mullin and Grace Meng also paid between $1,000 and $7,000 to display campaign ads in the paper, as did Republican Rep. Nicole Malliotakis. ...
More at Post Millennial
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Re: AOC funneled cash to Chinese foreign agent for campaign ads
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 09:27:27 pm »
Meh; it's a paper that caters to the NYC Chinese community; what else would an aspiring politician do?  As the article notes, a number of other politicians did the same, including at least one republican.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 09:30:32 pm »
Meh; it's a paper that caters to the NYC Chinese community; what else would an aspiring politician do?  As the article notes, a number of other politicians did the same, including at least one republican.
True, and maybe it's nothing, but I did  wonder how many other newspapers catering to the American Chinese community are registered agents of the PRC.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 09:34:27 pm »
True, and maybe it's nothing, but I did  wonder how many other newspapers catering to the American Chinese community are registered agents of the PRC.

Why would it matter?  It wasn't a payment for preferred treatment, it was a payment to run a classified ad, more or less.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 09:40:02 pm »
Nothing Burger ... knowingly or unknowingly, I'm sure Congressmen's and Senators' funds find their way to Chi-com entities.  That's what happens when our leaders and Government officials sellout America to the Chi-coms.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 10:14:44 pm »
When O'Keefe and his Project Veritas gang finishes dismantling Pfizer, I know where I hope he goes next....     :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 02:33:15 pm »
AOC Funneled Thousands Into Chinese Foreign Agent

Sarah Arnold
February 02, 2023 8:00 PM

Democrat Squad member Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (D-NY) reportedly poured thousands of campaign money into a Chinese-owned news corporation that is registered as a foreign agent.

Reps. Kevin Mullin (D-Calif.), Grace Meng (D-N.Y), and Nicole Malliotakis (R.-N.Y.) joined AOC in sending funds to Sing Tao U.S., a subsidiary of the Hong Kong-based Sing Tao News Corporation Ltd, for advertising expenses during the midterm election cycle and publishes Chinese-language newspapers in multiple American cities.

According to a review of campaign finance records obtained by Fox News Digital, AOC paid the foreign agents $1,500 for advertising, while Mullin, Meng, and Malliotakis paid anywhere between $1,000 and $7,000 to the Chinese company, which the Department of Justice forced them to register as a Chinese foreign agent in August 2021.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/02/02/aoc-funneled-thousands-into-chinese-foreign-agent-n2619103
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson