Poll

Will Trump run 3rd party IF he loses GOP Nomination?

YES
13 (68.4%)
NO
0 (0%)
At this point what difference does it make ~ (Dominion option)
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: February 22, 2023, 05:44:00 pm

Author Topic: Will Trump run 3rd party IF he loses GOP Nomination?  (Read 1472 times)

Offline corbe

Will Trump run 3rd party IF he loses GOP Nomination?
« on: February 02, 2023, 05:44:00 pm »
Trump won’t commit to endorsing eventual 2024 GOP nominee

BY BRETT SAMUELS - 02/02/23 12:21 PM ET

Former President Trump on Thursday would not commit to endorsing the eventual Republican nominee for president in 2024 if it’s not him.

“It would depend. I would give you the same answer I gave in 2016 during the debates,” Trump told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt.

“It would have to depend on who the nominee was,” he added.

Trump’s comments came shortly after former Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R), a Trump critic who has said he is weighing a 2024 bid of his own, told Hewitt he does not believe Trump will be the GOP nominee but that he would support whoever the nominee is.

During the first GOP primary debate in the 2016 cycle, Trump also declined to affirm he would back the eventual nominee, drawing criticism from rivals.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3841146-trump-wont-commit-to-endorsing-eventual-2024-gop-nominee/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Will Trump run 3rd party IF he loses GOP Nomination?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 05:48:06 pm »
   Yes.  His ego will demand nothing less.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 12:50:23 am »
I don't think he will, but I also don't think he'd like to see someone else do what he failed to do in 2020, and win.

My guess is a refusal to endorse, and then a very late, very tepid endorsement.  Enough to lead a bunch of his voters to stay home.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 12:53:33 am »
I don't think he will, but I also don't think he'd like to see someone else do what he failed to do in 2020, and win.

My guess is a refusal to endorse, and then a very late, very tepid endorsement.  Enough to lead a bunch of his voters to stay home.

In other words, sour grapes sabotage. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 01:01:40 am »
In other words, sour grapes sabotage.

Right - I think that's the most likely outcome.  Probably lead to a Democrat winning in 2024.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023, 01:55:28 am »
That giant sucking sound you hear is Donald Trump

-Ross Perot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.