Author Topic: Major News Outlets Announce They're Abandoning Objectivity, Claim Outdated Concept is a Relic of 'Wh  (Read 472 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Major News Outlets Announce They're Abandoning Objectivity, Claim Outdated Concept is a Relic of 'White Newsrooms'
Chris Menahan
InformationLiberation
Jan. 31, 2023

Objectivity has no place in a modern-day newsroom because it's "a distortion of reality" that was "dictated over decades by male editors in predominantly White newsrooms and reinforced their own view of the world," so says our new media elites.

From The Daily Caller News Foundation, "Major News Outlets Say They're Ditching Objectivity In The Name Of 'Diversity' ":
Leaders of prominent news organizations are eschewing journalistic objectivity, claiming it is antithetical to a diversity of views in their newsrooms, according to a series of interviews conducted by two journalism scholars.

Former executive editor for The Washington Post Leonard Downie Jr. and former CBS News President Andrew Heyward interviewed over 75 media leaders to gauge how the industry views the concept of "objectivity." The media figures argued that journalists should include their own beliefs, biases, and experiences to convey truth, and that journalistic objectivity was either unrealistic or undesirable.

"Objectivity has got to go," said Emilio Garcia-Ruiz, editor-in-chief at the San Francisco Chronicle.

https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63577
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Is this the Babylon Bee?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have newspapers.com, and have combed through volumes and volumes of old newspapers, and found that the news in the Civil War was even then biased toward the politcal slant of the paper.  But at least then, it was presented in a manner that at least was truthful from at least their perspective.

Modern left leaning MSM purposely lies, and now readily admits it boldly
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Millee

The mask is off. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The beauty of this is that the majority of potential readers will simply stop reading those papers.  It's a huge reason legacy media is dying.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The beauty of this is that the majority of potential readers will simply stop reading those papers.  It's a huge reason legacy media is dying.

That's true! My wife used to complain about all the news I subscribed to. That has now ended because I subscribe to zero print media at all.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 08:30:49 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Words are tools to manipulate thought towards instigation of a desired action.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
At least they have finally admitted they are just sophistry, theater, and propaganda, and not trying to appear legit like in the Walter Comradekrite days
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
At least they have finally admitted they are just sophistry, theater, and propaganda, and not trying to appear legit like in the Walter Comradekrite days

@Free Vulcan

Naw,they are just "good little comrades".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!