Author Topic: CBO Estimates $15-18 Million Cost Per ARRW Hypersonic Missile  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CBO Estimates $15-18 Million Cost Per ARRW Hypersonic Missile
« on: February 02, 2023, 03:31:03 pm »
CBO Estimates $15-18 Million Cost Per ARRW Hypersonic Missile
Feb. 1, 2023 | By John A. Tirpak

The unit cost of a missile “similar to” the Air Force’s AGM-183 Air-Launched Rapid Response Weapon (ARRW) hypersonic missile would be about $15 million a copy over a large production run, but a comparable Army ground-launched system would cost almost three times more, according to a new report from the Congressional Budget Office.

In “U.S. Hypersonic Weapons and Alternatives,” the CBO said that a program “similar to” ARRW—which has now reached the phase of testing an all-up operational round—would cost $14.9 million each over a run of 300 missiles. Adding in platform integration and 20 years of sustainment, CBO estimates a program cost of $5.3 billion, not including development. The CBO used “similar to” because actual performance and costs are classified.

To reach its estimates, the CBO said it used the Army ATACMS missile, comparable to the ARRW in size and complexity, as a basis. It said it relied on “publicly available data” and no classified information in developing its estimates.   

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/cbo-estimates-15-18-million-cost-per-arrw-hypersonic-missile/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: CBO Estimates $15-18 Million Cost Per ARRW Hypersonic Missile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 03:44:31 pm »
Office pool on how quick the technology gets stolen by the Chicoms?

I'll give it 18 months
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 03:55:24 pm »
Office pool on how quick the technology gets stolen by the Chicoms?

I'll give it 18 months

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I'm betting they have every detail already.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 12:20:37 pm »
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I'm betting they have every detail already.

And I'll bet they rejected it as too expensive.
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk