Author Topic: Anti-American House Dems Refuse to Agree to Recite Pledge of Allegiance Before Meetings [VIDEO]  (Read 410 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Anti-American House Dems Refuse to Agree to Recite Pledge of Allegiance Before Meetings [VIDEO]
By Amber Crawford | Feb 1, 2023

At a Wednesday Judiciary Committee hearing, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Florida) requested an amendment to recite the Pledge of Allegiance at the start of each hearing. His simple suggestion was harshly opposed by Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-New York) and Rep. David Cicilline (D-Rhode Island) who were angered by the mere suggestion of saying the Pledge of Allegiance more than once a day.

Prior to the meeting, Gaetz brought in Staff Sergeant Corey Beekman to lead the committee in the Pledge of Allegiance. Gaetz then offered up a new amendment to the committee for their consideration.

“[…]Our Pledge of Allegiance is a national symbol of pride and unity,” Gaetz said. “My amendment gives the committee the opportunity to begin each of its meetings with the Pledge of Allegiance, it gives our members the ability to invite inspirational constituents to be able to share and lead in the Pledge of Allegiance.”

https://100percentfedup.com/dems-fight-against-rep-matt-gaetzs-proposal-judiciary-committee-say-pledge-of-allegiance-before-each-meeting-video/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

If they cannot pledge allegiance as members of Congress, then they should damned well resign.  Refusal to pledge should be grounds for ouster from the Congress under Congress' own powers to regulate its own affairs.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
According to Fox Business, they ended up approving the Rule unanimously.  The Rats just wanted to flap their gums and posture for the cameras.  Repeatedly called Republicans who challenged the results of 2020 "Insurrectionists."

Just a show.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline BellyAche

I remember as a kid pledging allegiance to the flag every morning in school before classes began. It was a nice way to start the day.  :patriot:

Now the "dimocrats" are associating the pledge with their notions of extremism?  Puleeeze!!!   *****rollingeyes*****
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Kind of hard to pledge allegiance to something you are purposely trying to destroy.

JS
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

This would have required them to say the Pledge more than once a day.  This is kind of a nothing burger...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It's hypocritical for a member of the Sedition Caucus to demand the Pledge of Allegiance.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's hypocritical for a member of the Sedition Caucus to demand the Pledge of Allegiance.

And that was the Democrats' chief opposition to this Rule.  Congrats, you made the Democrats case!  But then they chucked it all and voted for the Pledge Rule.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

Some have said the 'pledge' is Proto-fascism.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Gaetz's rule is all for show.  It's also him flexing his legislative muscle.

The more important oath is to protect and defend the US Constitution from enemies, both foreign and domestic.

The Pledge is a demonstration of respect and acknowledgement of all those who have sacrificed themselves to defend our nation.  It's a reminder that Freedom is not free, and that it's not guaranteed.

Using "proto-fascist" to describe the Pledge reveals that person's arrogance and ignorance of history.

A seditionist who wraps himself with the Flag is still a seditionist.

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 07:04:44 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright