Author Topic: DeSantis beats the devil (and the AP Black Studies course)  (Read 501 times)

Offline mountaineer

DeSantis beats the devil (and the AP Black Studies course)
« on: February 02, 2023, 02:08:27 pm »
DeSantis beats the devil
2 hr ago
Don Surber
Lucifer woke up this morning with his head pounding and his ego deflated. He drank a gallon of Bloody Marys to stop the pain. Yesterday, that pipsqueak DeSantis beat the devil at his own game. Sure, Satan still has Biden in the White House, but to be beaten by a Florida Man truly hurts.

But DeSantis stared Satan down and got the College Board to kick Satan out of its advanced placement black studies course.

John Sexton of Hot Air reported, “As is so often the case with media coverage of culture war/political topics, it can be difficult to discern what actually happened as opposed to what the various factions involved have decided is the most convenient and beneficial story to tell.

“At the bottom of this is the College Board’s revision of the curriculum. I don’t believe for a moment that the changes had nothing to do with the criticism from DeSantis. The Washington Post and the New York Times don’t believe it either.

“But I do believe that the College Board decided it was a) wise to make the changes in light of the criticism from the right and b) also wise to deny that’s what was happening to avoid criticism from the left. I do believe it’s likely that actual students who were a part of their pilot tests were more interested in reading the first hand account of, say, Frederick Douglass (which really is compelling) than they were in wading through the leftist mind-thoughts of Kimberlé W. Crenshaw. So in this case it seems possible the College Board had a good reason for making some of the changes they were under pressure to make anyway. And of course they absolutely can’t admit that DeSantis had a point without setting people’s hair on fire.”

The board capitulated on the first day of Black History Month.  ... Good golly, the course honored a poet who encouraged raping white girls and slashing the throats of their mothers. The devil delights in hijacking a civil rights movement founded by Martin Luther King and other Christian ministers.   ...
More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org