Author Topic: Eco-Groups Push For EVs As They Actively Block Much-Needed US Mining  (Read 206 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY BRONSON WINSLOW ON FEB 1, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Eco-Groups Push For EVs As They Actively Block Much-Needed US Mining

mine emptyEnvironmental advocacy groups continue to oppose mining efforts within the US, despite pushing for a green future through electric vehicles that require large amounts of copper and other mined resources.

The advocacy groups, the Sierra Club, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), Earthjustice, and Center for Biological Diversity have pushed to decarbonize the grid and the auto market in the coming years, but continue to advocate against mining projects that would support the green transition. [emphasis, links added]

The advocacy groups on Tuesday celebrated the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Final Determination that restricted the possible mining of 1.4 billion tons of copper, gold, molybdenum, silver, and rhenium, which could have provided “tens of millions” in tax dollars for the state of Alaska and helped source crucial EV materials.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/eco-groups-push-for-evs-as-they-actively-block-much-needed-us-mining/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Eco-Groups Push For EVs As They Actively Block Much-Needed US Mining
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 12:10:43 pm »
What about their opposition to new power plants as well?