Author Topic: More physicists are questioning reality  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More physicists are questioning reality
« on: February 02, 2023, 11:47:32 am »
More physicists are questioning reality
JAZZ SHAW 10:01 PM on February 01, 2023

In case you were looking for something offbeat to ponder (and possibly make your brain ache) this evening, there has been a series of strange announcements coming out of the science world recently. We’ve had scientists claiming to have created a wormhole, straight out of a science fiction movie. Of course, that was inside a simulation in a quantum computer and it was only two-dimensional, but it’s still pretty wild. Another group of researchers created a black hole that immediately began to glow. (Also a simulation.) And the most recent Nobel Prize for physics was awarded to a team that proved the existence of quantum entanglement, first postulated by Albert Einstein. That’s the enigma of objects being oddly correlated even when separated by vast distances.

It seems like much of the scientific community has become increasingly fixated on all things quantum lately. That’s so far over my head that I won’t even pretend to understand it all, but the bottom line for some of the laymen in the audience is that our universe is probably a lot weirder than how it’s traditionally been explained, and the fabric of reality might not be quite as solid as we’ve traditionally assumed. At the Daily Beast, professor of theoretical physics Heinrich Päs goes one step further and suggests that time and space are “illusions.” In explaining how this might be, he takes us back to the classic example of Schrodinger’s cat. See if you can follow along with this excerpt and understand where we’re heading.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/02/01/more-physicists-are-questioning-reality-n527812
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson