Author Topic: Pentagon launches management reform institute to address challenges  (Read 132 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon launches management reform institute to address challenges
By Joe Gould
 Jan 31, 11:05 AM

“Management reform advances the entire department, including acquisition, technology ― all of which are essential to the department’s mission and to directly support the warfighter,” according to Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks. (Andrew Harnik/AP)
WASHINGTON ― The U.S. Defense Department, a mammoth federal agency long criticized even from within as inefficient and overly complex, is embarking on a new step toward improving how it conducts its affairs.

The department on Tuesday launched the Defense Management Institute, an independent research entity aimed at advancing the Pentagon’s management, organization, performance improvement and enterprise business operations. Proponents said the entity, part of the nonprofit Institute for Defense Analyses, will have a far-reaching impact as it pools experts and past research for officials and lawmakers to solve problems or retool the department.

“It’s groundbreaking because never before has there been an institute dedicated solely to performance improvement,” Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks said at the launch event. “Management reform advances the entire department, including acquisition, technology ― all of which are essential to the department’s mission and to directly support the warfighter.”

https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2023/01/31/pentagon-launches-management-reform-institute-to-address-challenges/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pentagon launches management reform institute to address challenges
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 06:21:58 pm »
Surely, they realize its destiny is another level of red tape to further muck things up.  But, from a woke standpoint, it's a great idea! :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Pentagon launches management reform institute to address challenges
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 07:14:56 pm »
Yes, leave it to the same bad management that created the problem to fix the problem.  What could possibly go wrong?

The best way to kick bureaucratic organization ass is to "reorganize".  Deconstitute existing positions, create new positions, and have people apply for those new positions.

Beaucracy will not fix itself.  Beaucracy is a political creature whose game is increasing head count to increase the power, influence, and budget of one's fiefdom.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.