Author Topic: California’s Reparations Panel Now Calling for Prisons to be Closed and Privileges Restored  (Read 1263 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by  Leslie Eastman Wednesday, February 1, 2023

It’s Never Enough: Chair of California reparations panel pushes for wealth, mansion, or property tax to pay the massive tab for racial justice activism.

I will have to say I am truly grateful that California’s politicians voted for a Reparations Panel.

The organization is proving critics who insist there is no appeasing racial justice activists right in every move. In fact, I would suggest that its theme song be The Cure’s “Never Enough.”

Granted, the band may be too white for the group, but the reparations panel hasn’t hesitated to step up its grasping demands for more, more, and more money. First, the panel demanded over $200K for each black in California. Then, it was a cool $1 million. Next, it insisted that $5 million was fair.

All this was in a state that never had legalized slavery.

Now California’s controversial reparations panel is upping the ante yet again. It wants the state’s legislature to close ten prisons…and that current inmates also receive fair wages and are eligible to vote.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/02/californias-reparations-panel-now-calling-for-prisoners-to-be-closed-and-privileges-restored/

Online mountaineer

Welcome to Bizarro World. My gosh, and we thought California was strange when my family lived there in the mid-60s! This is total insanity. Yay, criminals on the loose!  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Online mountaineer

It's on a par with Washington's Gov. Inslee release sex offenders into the small towns of his state (see this thread: https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,490782.0.html). Why do these idiot governors hate the law-abiding people of their states?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Emptying the prisons harms low-income persons without privilege the most.

They will be harming the very communities they claim to be helping.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Emptying the prisons harms low-income persons without privilege the most.

They will be harming the very communities they claim to be helping.

Yup.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The water ain't gonna clear till you get the pigs out of the creek!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 06:18:33 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

What do you all suppose is the fate of a society where insane behavior is first tolerated, then celebrated, and then institutionalized?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Idiot

What could possibly go wrong releasing dangerous criminals into an unarmed populace.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Just more Marxist deconstructionism/decivilization.

Create chaos - take advantage of the power vacuum - implement dictatorship.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Made this prediction a few years ago (45 second read):
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,407004.msg2241037.html#msg2241037

Who was right?