Author Topic: More undocumented Indians attempt to enter the US  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More undocumented Indians attempt to enter the US
« on: February 01, 2023, 12:58:46 pm »
More undocumented Indians attempt to enter the US
Shabnam Surita
40 minutes ago
Arrivals of Indians without visas at the US border shot up drastically in 2022. With India growing its middle class, what is drawing more people to take the risk?

During a speech in January, Georgia Congressman Rich McCormick said that Indian Americans are "some of the best citizens we have in America" and called for a "streamlined" immigration process for those who have come to the US to "obey the law, pay their taxes and be the most creative and productive in society."

Although Americans of Indian origin are often presented in this manner as "model" migrants, an increased number of Indians sought unauthorized entry to the US in 2022, according to US Customs and Border Patrol data.

In 2022, 63,927 undocumented Indians reached the US borders and sought asylum, which is more than double the previous year's figure. The US southern border with Mexico is a common arrival point.

https://www.dw.com/en/more-undocumented-indians-attempt-to-enter-the-us/a-64575956
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: More undocumented Indians attempt to enter the US
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 07:50:25 pm »
May be time for another round of Cowboys and Indians, 21st Century style?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: