Author Topic: Lawmakers Urge All School Districts to Leave Texas Association of School Boards  (Read 466 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Katy Drollinger January 31, 2023

“I appreciate my colleagues joining me in fighting to stop the continued weaponization of our constituents’ tax dollars against them.”

A group of Texas lawmakers urged school districts across the state to leave the Texas Association of School Boards after the organization promoted “transgender” restroom policies.

TASB is a statewide taxpayer-funded lobbying group for school officials that provides products and services to school districts. All 1,024 Texas school boards are TASB members and pay their dues with tax dollars.

State Rep. Brian Harrison (R–Waxahachie) and eight other legislators sent a letter to every school board in the state encouraging them to “do the right thing for the taxpayers who entrust you with the stewardship of their hard-earned money and immediately leave TASB.”

Harrison was joined by State Reps. Terri Leo-Wilson (R–Galveston), Briscoe Cain (R–Deer Park), Mark Dorazio (R–Leon Springs), Richard Hayes (R–Denton), Matt Schaefer (R–Tyler), Nate Schatzline (R–Fort Worth), Bryan Slaton (R–Greenville), and Tony Tinderholt (R–Arlington).

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/lawmakers-urge-all-school-districts-to-leave-texas-association-of-school-boards/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
TAC (Texas Association of Counties) next, then TML (Texas Municipal League) please!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My City has already done this, with great opposition by the Rats on the Boards.  (We have two BoEs:  High School and Elementary)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
My City has already done this, with great opposition by the Rats on the Boards.  (We have two BoEs:  High School and Elementary)

Fantastic! It's a HUGE problem here as most school district employee benefit packages are dependent on their TASB membership.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien