Author Topic: American Library Association gives grants to libraries ‘to help educate patrons on the climate crisi  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
American Library Association gives grants to libraries ‘to help educate patrons on the climate crisis’

American Library Mag: "25 libraries that received an American Library Association (ALA) Resilient Communities grant to help educate patrons on the climate crisis. ... The Resilient Communities’ six-month pilot, which began in October 2020, provided $1,000 to libraries to host programs, and offered materials and other resources to address climate change and highlight issues of environmental justice, sustainability, and emergency preparedness. ... With the grant funding, panelists organized programs like movie screenings, talks with local climate experts, and sessions about recycling and waste reduction."

“It really helped us make connections with these students, which gets them into the library and learning about other things as well,” said Neyda Gilman, assistant head of sustainability and STEM engagement and pharmacy, nursing and health sciences librarian at Binghamton University.

Bonnie Brzozowski, public services librarian at Corvallis-Benton County (Ore.) Public Library (CBCPL), shared that her library took a racial equity approach to its climate-related programming as a way to address what she described as her state’s racist history.

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotJanuary 31, 2023 3:46 PM

https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/blogs/the-scoop/climate-change-chat/

By Megan Bennett

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/01/31/american-library-association-gives-grants-to-libraries-to-help-educate-patrons-on-the-climate-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji