Author Topic: Fuel Costs Of Electric Vehicles Overtake Gas-Powered Cars: Study  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fuel Costs Of Electric Vehicles Overtake Gas-Powered Cars: Study
« on: February 01, 2023, 12:22:30 pm »
Fuel Costs Of Electric Vehicles Overtake Gas-Powered Cars: Study

BY TYLER DURDEN
TUESDAY, JAN 31, 2023 - 12:27 PM
Authored by Allen Zhong via The Epoch Times (emphasis ours),

The cost to fuel electric vehicles in the United States is higher than gas-powered cars for the first time in 18 months, a consulting company said.

“In Q4 2022, typical mid-priced ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) car drivers paid about $11.29 to fuel their vehicles for 100 miles of driving. That cost was around $0.31 cheaper than the amount paid by mid-priced EV drivers charging mostly at home, and over $3 less than the cost borne by comparable EV drivers charging commercially,” Anderson Economic Group (AEG) said in an analysis.

A Tesla Inc. electric vehicle charges at a supercharger station in Redondo Beach, Calif., on Jan. 4, 2021. (Patrick T. Fallon/AFP via Getty Images)
However, luxury EVs still enjoy a cost advantage against their gas-powered counterparts.

It costs luxury EV owners $12.4 to drive every 100 miles on average if they charge their cars mostly at home or $15.95 if they charge their cars mostly at commercial charger stations in the 4th quarter of 2022.

Meanwhile, the fuel costs for luxury gas-powered cars are $19.96 per 100 miles on average.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/fuel-costs-electric-vehicles-overtake-gas-powered-cars-study
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson