Author Topic: The Climate Alarmist’s Greatest Fear  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Climate Alarmist’s Greatest Fear
« on: February 01, 2023, 12:04:03 pm »
The Climate Alarmist’s Greatest Fear
2 days ago Andy May 77 Comments
By Andy May

Is it just me, or are the climate alarmists more unhinged than usual lately? Al Gore screaming about boiling oceans and rain bombs is just part of it. As Eric Worral has reported, the BBC blamed global warming for the lack of snow, just after they blamed global warming for colder winters. And, who can forget John Kerry’s World War II style mobilization to fight a possible man-made climate change disaster? What disaster? There is no observational evidence today that human activities are causing any climate-related problems and there is considerable evidence that warming and additional CO2 have been beneficial since the so-called “pre-industrial.”

Could they be worried that global warming is slowing down? Are we entering another hiatus or pause in warming (horrors!)? Talk about in-your-face humiliation. They didn’t predict the first “Pause” from 1998-2014, if they miss another one, how does that look? Certainly, CO2 is marching on at a steady pace, as shown in Figure 1. No slowdown there.

Figure 1. Plot of yearly average Mauna Loa CO2 data from NOAA, and a second-order polynomial projection to 2032.
If the atmospheric CO2 concentration continues to increase as it has in recent years, it will be 438 ppm in 2032, what if there is no warming, or very little warming, between now and then? How does that look?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/29/the-climate-alarmists-greatest-fear/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson